A last hope?!

As a way to keep his mind off of hollow sky he walked under, his thoughts go to Pink Diamond's story...

The supposed owner of poor mother Earth, according to laws of Gem Authority.

"Is she overlooking the colonisation?"

Maybe unlike back at Steven's place, she finished the job? Then again maybe the Earth stolen from her? The Diamonds ain't angels either.

From his knowledge the trio had eons to rethink the war campaign and only stopped I they are forced to.

Then again he remembered 2 things. One that time him, Jamie and Amethyst met Pink Diamond and Pearl in timeline where rebellion never happened... could this be it?

Then there's another thing, his book remains back there at Little Homeschool... what he didn't tell the gems is that it has a level of conscience. And it has a safety mechanism in it that once enough time passes, it'll start searching for him...

All this only made him angrier... where is she then?

Doesn't really matter, multiverse isn't a small place... he should be used to this by now. What's the point of it? Thoughts won't get results!

His options now include either finding a warp pad anywhere, or somehow grab attention of gem soldiers from outer space...

Then he thought back to those four at the base... they may not help but he can't just leave them either.

If Pink Diamond has a zoo here too, living there would be alongside better than in this hell hole.

Part of him yell 'Oh you gotta be kidding, just leave them to it! They probably exist somewhere in multiverse with better lives, no need to save every version!'

Then other parts argued 'What kind of logic is that even? We aren't gods, we don't decide who lives who dies!'

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound from bushes...

He checked if there's something in there...he doubts there are many animals here...

"I don't ask for trouble... neither I'd want them for you. No abrupt moves"

He then finds a beaded man in there, half naked and shaking.

He was a bit reluctant... but he looks into the bag where he took some clothes.

Otto gave it to him, which he took after inspecting his hands...

He presumably was looking out if he had a knife in there...

He dressed up behind the bushes before coming out.

Otto - Don't wanna ask who did that to you Mr...

"...."

Otto - Listen I'm not a thief if you wonder...

"Before knowing other's names, say your own..."

Otto - Otto, Otar, Ottie, Orto... many options you choose but I prefer Otto

He tries to humour the guy if possible with little success

"George... I am George, I just stole things from some people... and got what I deserved I guess"

Otto - Oh... Well you didn't kill them right?

George shook his head 'No'

Otto - Well , listen there's a cave nearby...I live there so maybe you should come with me. Just listen, try stealing... I may just leave you out again.

George slowly nodded.

[At the cave]

It was raining now predictably.