True kind of Love Ch 5

Spinel did hold her end of the bargain and deactivated the injector

Jamie hugs Spinel “Proud of you ms Spinel”

Spinel: Ouh hush what are friends for. And please just Spins.

Steven’s reaction to that comment was not as convincing. He remembered Jamie’s words...

‘there is no happy life without adversities. Happy ever after may be possible but even I know it doesn’t guarantee that there won’t be dangers anymore.’

Steven however didn’t feel accordingly though...

Steven: Ok we’ve almost cleaned up this mess. We only need Garnet’s memories, my powers... but before that, there is something else we have to do Spinel...

Spinel : What is it Steven?...

An energy beam sound*

Spinel : Steven why do you have tha-

Steven: Spinel Im sorry!

Jamie : Hey!

Steven was about to slice Spinel in half with the rejuvenator. But Jakie got in his way as he grabbed Steven’s arm wrestling in a deadlock.

Jamie : What are you dojng?!

Steven : Jamie dont get in the way! It’s going to be better this way!

Steven was tough that’s true , Jamie had hard time holding him back.

Jamie : Have you gone mad!? We didn’t go through all this apocalypse scenario stress just for you to festart it!

Steven’s frustration shows itself here

Steven : I AM SANE ONE HERE! I JUST WANT MY HAPPILY EVER AFTER BACK! NO MORE INJECTORS NO MORE ANGRY GEMS! JUST HAPPILY EVER AF-

His line was interrupted by voice of a shocked and saddened Spinel...

Spinel : Is that all you needed me for...just to turn off my injector?...

Steven: No, not just that! And youn wont worry about that soon! Let go Jamie!

Steven was forced to throw Jamie back as he slashed at Spinel whom avoided it.

Spinel : So that’s it huh... all those words about being my friend... That Pink didnt want me but you need to help me now...

Jamie: Spinel stand back! He doesnt know what he’s doing!

Spinel: Heh heheh HAHAHAHA you’re right he doesn’t!

Spinel grabs Garnet*

Spinel : You want me to stay in that old form huh? Then why don’t we leave her like this too?

Jamie: Garnet!

Spinel: C’mon Universe you just shown that you don’t care about me!

Steven : What I- no! I do care but-

Spinel : Just not this version of me!?... You don’t want me Steven... Just like her! YOU DO NOT CARE!

That was something he HATED to hear, but that was apparently the one thing that clixked in his mind as he looked at rejuvenator in his arms.

He looked at Jamie who shakes his head ‘Not a good idea’

Perhaps it’s him that misunderstood.

He does care, he should care. Just not like this.

He breaks the rejuvenator.

Steven: NO I DO CARE! THAT IS NOT THE TRUTH!

And then something something triggered Garnet from within ‘The truth?’ as she then freed herself from Spinel’s grip.

Garnet: I’ve known hardships and confusion *looks at Jamie and smiles* but love can live through it all if we face the truth TOGETHER!

And it worked, Garnet’s memories came back to her and after the battle, Spinel fled to her injector which nearly destroyed half of beach city but thanks to Connie,Mr Universe and Alexandrite civilians were safe. Jaime also tried to help and then nearly fell into the poison lake before Alexandrite saved him. He then got the idea of calling his close friend.

Jamie: Hello you there? Listen you remember Steven I was telling you about? He needs help maybe you can help us?

Otto: Already here my friend.

Amethyst: Whoah who are you supposed to be?!

Jamie: Wow as quick as always Otto. Don’t worry everyone he’s my friend...uhm not a regular friend

Otto: We’ll talk about me later. Now where is Steven?

The all pointed at the giant drill “Yeah of course that’s obvious”

Otto then run with all his speed to the drill and jumped up to Steven who was falling down.

Steven: W-what?! Who are you ? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!

Otto: My name is Otto but right now you are the one who needs help. Looks like you couldnt hold on.”

Puts Steven on his back*

“Hold on tight this time.”

Otto then jumped all the way up to the top where Otar Steven confront Spinel.

Steven: Spinel c’mon we can talk this out.

Said tactic didn’t really work unfortunately as the 2 had to fight Spinel. Otto tried not to harm her while avoiding her attacks as he knew Steven wanted to help her.

All this ended with her holding Steven in mid air over the rift.

Spinel: Heh, what a hypocrite. Would you look at that? Another unknown friend of yours? Collecting them apparently is more fun for you huh?

Otto : I don’t know who you are, but your terrorist machine is endangering lives here.

Spinel : Not my care! And you should keep your nose away from where it’s not needed! And now that I know the people here and their ‘hero’, I want to kill him even more.

Otto: And then what? Killing him won’t make you feel better!

And then a voice screaemd out “Why is all of this happening?! Why my powers dont work?! What am I missig?! I saved everyone and this is a story of my life! What else is there?!

Spinel *laughs Ouh this is a legend I heard about? You heard what he said right? Like I said how did such a pathetic loser became savior of the galaxy.

Steven then remembered whathe missed “The fact that I changed”and then his powers came back. This time Steven won with Spinel eventually giving up. “I just wanna be a friend”

Otto looking at this, understands it’s over. She is not gonna kill them.

“Lady Spinel you CAN be a friend to anyone you want but if you kill everyone there won’t be anyone to your friend”

Steven: Yeah-

Then the damaged injector began to collapse before it blew up the hill. Luckily Steven’s healing powers work on it too.

Then Jamie and the diamonds arrived on the scene

Jaime : Guys is everything ok?

Stven: Yeah we are good and Spinel... *looks to Spinel with diamonds* Well let’s jsut say she’s in good hands now.

Jamie: Wooh that’s good to hear.

He looks at Spinel, smiling and giving her a thumbs up.

She smiled back at him in response.

Jamie looks to Otto*

“Thanks for the help”

Otto: No problem. Didn’t think anything interesting would happen in this part of the globe for some time.

Steven: Thank you too but who are you? *looks to Jamie* Who is he?

Jamie: It’s a long story. But thankfully we will have the time.

Otto: How about we celebate first?

Connie: YEAH We did save he earht again!

Everyone agreed and celebrated for the day after the incident. Jamie was happy that he managed to help the gems and had fun too and then Garnet came to him. “Jamie I do remember what happened you know?

Jamie: Really? Sorry that I stood in the way I guess I-

But then he was cut off...

Garnet: You didn’t. Ruby and Sapphire got to know each other again but they also met you. And you saved them, you saved me. Thank you my little mailman”

Jamie blushed red at last words before Amethyst came in “Woah woah don’t forget about me.

Pearl: Amethyst!

Greg: Gosh kiddo.

Jamie then looked for Steven

He did find him kissing the field again, healing it from poison with Connie overlooking the process.

Connie : Looks like it will take some time.

Steven checks his tongue for drools...

Steven: And saliva...

Jamie : ... hey buddy, about that rejuvenator feud we had...

Steven stopped and looked at him

Steven : Yeah, not the best decision I’ve made this week...

Connie : I’m sorry that I didn’t help there. I guess I am a bit slow sometimes...

This reminded him of a time when he was the only adult in the room... well technically he still is but the feeling was different...

Jamie : *sighs* We all can be slow Connie. And Steven, listen just don’t do that again... Okay?

Steven looks at the sight of beach city, nearly destroyed by both his mom’s negligence and his own...

Steven : You are right , I promise I won’t. I promise...