Calm before storm pt 3 - Swollen Psyche

Few months ago
The diamond robot is floating towards the gem Homeworld , a place Spinel remembers vaguely.
WD – Do you remember much of the Homeworld, Spinel?
Spinel- Not really...
YD – Well, we’re almost there. You’ll be able to see Homeworld very soon..
(Spinel gasps) “oh my gosh, I’m so excited!! I can’t wait!!
WD – Are you enjoying the trip so far  Spinel?
Spinel- Are you kidding?! This is SO much fun!! I’m having the best day of my life!!
The Diamonds were smiling at these words
Spinel- I mean, all things considered, anything moving forward is gonna top everywhere I’ve been until yesterday. That definitely goes without saying haha!
WD – My is that so?
Spinel - Why, just meeting you three was enough to make my day SUPER SWELL! I don’t know WHAT I would’ve done I you all hadn’t shown up on Earth when you did!!
BD – We are very happy to hear this Spinel.
( Spinel snorts ) “Aw jeez listen to me yammer on and on! AHAHAHAHAHAHA! I guess... what I’m tryin’ to say is that...
(Spinel tearup)... I’m do happy *sniffs*
WD – Look Stardust up ahead! There! That’s Homeworld, your new home!
(Spinel initially gasps... but a second later she stops, pondering and confused at the gem World... something about it was off)
Spinel – uhm can I ask a question?
WD – Ah ah, “may you ask a question”, dear. And of course, go on.
Spine – Oh, right. Anyway why dies Homeworld look like that? All janky and broken in pieces... and stuff?
She expected an answer of some kind but to her surprise, neither White nor Yellow or Blue said anything... it was shot long awkward silence...
That’s how it was all the way to Homeworld... which wasn’t any different in lack of noise...
Spinel- Ah a I’m sorry did I say something wrong?!
WD – Not at all, darling.
YD – We are just eager to get you settled inside the palace, that’s all.
BD – There will be plenty of time for stories later.
____________________
The Homeworld was vast, bigger than she remembered definitely . For her the diamonds were pretty big and this palace was even more so
Spinel - Oh wow! THIS PLACE IS SO HUGE!
YD – Yes Spinel, the palace  is indeed quite large so do listen carefully or else you might get lost. The three of us each have our own private sector. Mine is that way...
BD -... And mine is this way!
They thought she was listening except she was just walking around playfully around them.
YD – Spinel, are you paying attention...
“So much place for activities!”
WD – Oh stars, please don’t run around underfoot like that...
She keep running around
BD – I suppose we’ll just have to be extra careful where we step...
Spinel finally looked up when Blue pointed to the galaxy warp nearby
“Wouldn’t you look over here please? This warp here is the only one on Homeworld that can directly transport to Earth”
That didn’t sit right with her. Not the portal but “earth trip” idea.
BD – Although we’re much too big for it usually, you a welcome to use it for a visit there to meet Steven and his friends whenever you want.
Spinel – Yeeeeah. I don’t think anyone on Earth wants to see me around for a while... Not that I blame ‘em anyway
The last part she whispered for herself only, heh...
At that she had all three of them look at her in question “Oh why is that?”
And then there was realisation that hit her
‘OH CRAP I DIDNT TELL THEM YET!! SHOOT I KNEW I FORGOT SOMETHIN’!!’
Then came dreadful thoughts came along
‘... but how can I tell them now?! How to explain  that I nearly killed Steven and his home planet... and that’s just minutes before they shown up!?’
Her mind offers two options : either they execute her or ...
‘..what if they decide I’m not worth the trouble?... what if they boot me out of the palace?... where can I even go from here?! Earth? The garden...?’
Somehow the latter sounded worse...
‘I don’t wanna be alone again!!’
Her being all gloomy with painful butterflies didn’t go unnoticed by the Diamonds
YD – Is she okay?
BD – Well... I’m not sure.
YD – I don’t understand. She looked fine a moment ago.. are we doing this the wrong way?
BD – Well, it has been quite an eventful day for her. She may be feeling a bit overwhelmed...
White then interrupted “Honestly Blue. Must you be so oblivious? Our dear Spinel just got here and you’ve already put her on the spot with your in inane questions.. I mean just look at her. You made poor thing cry!”
Spinel really was holding by her ponytails, tearing up.
Blue was left speechless ‘But I didn’t mean this... but...’
BD – Perhaps I still need to work on that. Don’t I-
YD -  Really White?! REALLY!?
Yellow however was left angered
YD – HOW IS THAT CONSTRUCTIVE?!
BD – Yellow  its alright. I’m glad she told me, so that I don’t keep doing it. Really it’s fine-
YD – NO , BLUE. IT IS NOT. But it IS insulting, uncalled for, and I know damn well that Steven wouldn’t approve of it either! Never really changed, does it!? It’s no wonder he doesn’t want to live here with us!
That last bit infuriated White who gasped, with her hands twitching “Yellow... how DARE you speak to me like that... regarding a matter you know I’m particularly sensitive about! You’re so cruel!
She sobbed and sounded dramatic...
To Yellow? Not so much..
YD – OH COME ON WHAT FOOL YOU TAKE ME FOR?!!
Blue has had enough “Alright this is getting ridiculous. Can we please move on?!”
Yellow – Its her that is ridiculous while I try to stand for you Blue!!
Her words were accompanied by high voltage spreading through her form
It irritated Blue as well
“ You need to drop that. Right now. Understood?! I know you mean we’ll but you can’t throw Steven’s name around any time you’re feeling self-righteous! We are all doing our best to hold up to our promises we made to Steven. Including White!”
Yellow this time looked back at White who looked both angry and embarrassed
BD – Today should be about Spinel and making her feel at home. So no more of this senseless bickering!! Do I make myself clear to you?
At that Yellow did stop, feeling kind of weird...
BD – Excuse us Spinel, usually we are not like this. Would you like... a tour...Spinel?
While they didn’t watch Spinel made a run for it away from them which caused them to get worried that she wandered away and got lost “WHERE DID SHE GO?!”
Spinel – Ah, who was I kidding? I don’t belong here. This whole thing was a bad idea!
And besides, as much as it was painful to think like that...
It’s Steven they want, not her.
She kept running and running until she stops
‘I’m just Pink’s garbage. Living here won’t change that’
But if so, then only one question is left to ask...
‘Should I just...leave? What else can I do?’
She didn’t know, she could only cry...
‘But I just...’
“I DONT WANNA LEAVE!!!!”
The echo of her sound resonates throughout the palace halls...
It felt tormenting to be bombarded by her own voice of misery...
All she could do was fall on her knees and tearing up
Until a new yet familiar voice came to her
“Well no one asks you to leave silly!”
That got her to jump up
“You’re just all worked up over nothing!”
“WHAT WHO SAID THAT?! SHOW YOURSELF!” She looks from left to right
*giggles* “Down here!”
The voice came from below... from.... a reflection?
Except her reflection now looked like how she was all those years ago!!
“TADAA! It’s me silly! Don’t ya know how your own voice sounds like?”
Spinel was first shocked before shouting in disbelief
“AAAAAAAAUUUUGH GREAT GREAT GREAT SWELL YEAH LETS THROW SOME FULL BLOWN HALLUCINATIONS INTO THE MIX!!”
Strangely a reflection looked confused...
Spinel – That’s EXACTLY  what I need. A reminder of how flipping STUPID I was!!
She then proceeded to punch her face
“C’mon c’mon! Snap out of it! SNAP OUT OF IT!”
Past Spinel pouts “ Hey I ain’t stupid. And don’t hit yourself so much, that’s unhealthy coping mechanism”
She only got angry reaction as Spinel slammed the floor
“SHUT UP! And give me back my normal reflection!! And why are you even here?! Ancient history doesn’t come alive all of a sudden!!”
PS – That’s funny. ‘Cause I was gonna the same thing! Did you come all this way to roam around only to get lost in some creepy dark hallway alone? Why already you not with the Diamonds?
Spinel wasn’t gonna let herself to be lectured
“Now listen here you big dummy, they don’t even WANT me! They came all the way to earth for foot song Steven! Their favourite!”
PS – But Stevo’s already has family and we didn’t so they brought us here instead! Wasn’t that wonderful?! How we all sang toge-
Spinel – Well if they ever find out what we did to him and his big rock, its curtains down for me!! Nothing stays secret forever especially not with that many witnesses...
PS – Nobody died. No big deal. So you were processing trauma, lashed out. That happens. We’ve got some friends on Earth already though, like Jamie! I’m sure nor him, or the Diamonds will be mad at you for long. They can understand if you’ll be honest with them on-
Spinel- AND even if they don’t. It’ll only be matter of time when they get bored and throw me away LIKE SHE DID!
Again her yells echoed in the hallway
“So... you’re just gonna leave?”
“..... Yup....”
At that the mirage got concerned
“But... we’ve just got here!”
“So?!”
“Sooo shouldn’t we give ‘em a chance, at least? C’mon work with me here!”
“Well I don’t owe anything to anybody. Why should I?”
At that the reflection didn’t just get upset but actually offended
“BECAUSE THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A FRESH START FOR US AND I HAVE ZERO WISHES TO BE LONELY ANYMORE! AND I KNOW YOU THINK SAME! THEY ARE REALLY  NICE AND I LIKE THEM!!!”
Spinel – Don’t...
PS – BUT NOW YOURE GONNA LEAVE THEM WITHOUT SAYING GOODBYE! WHO ’S LIKE PINK NOW HUH!”

THUD !

Past Spinel flinched at Spinel suddenly slamming the floor
Spinel - You’re lucky you’re me or else I’d kick you ass all over this place! You’re lonely huh? Who’s fault is this huh? Fine Pink ditched us but you, YOU that kept us stranded on that garden for 6000 long years!
PS tears up at that
“You could’ve left any time you wanted!! You KNEW about her brand new colony, and yet it NEVER occurred to you that ‘if she doesn’t come to me, then I’ll go to her’. Not even once?! There were times we could’ve left but you just had to refuse”
PS – N-no I...I..
“You’re the reason I am like this, feel like this and ACT like this!! Not so pretty huh? Do if you REALLY think you’re the boss here again then you’re dumber than I’ve-“
PS – W-WE CAN MAKE IT DIFFERENT ~ WE CAN MAKE IT RIIIGHT~
Spinel – Don’t you dare to sing that song or so help me-
Disobeying her current self, she kept going
“WE CAN MAKE IT BETTER!!!~
Spinel – No we can’t! Hey!
“WE DON’T HAVE TO LEAVE!!!~”
“That doesn’t even RHYME!!!”
PS – If you make me leave Homeworld, then you’ll hear it again over and over from me YA HEAR ME!? NON-STOP FOREVER!”
“YOU WOULDN’T” Spinel scoffed
“WE CAN MAKE AN EFFOOORT~ STARTING WITH TONIIIIIGHT~”
“I HATE YOU!!!”

Present time

The pearls found her later. Those of Yellow and Blue, or they were once.
She felt really embarrassed when they found her screaming at the floor
Maybe also feeling like someone’s missing but then again, she didn’t think her feelings can be trusted since her own reflection came alive
Even now...
“Ya see? Didn’t I do us a favour? We stayed and met so many people!”
She was compelled not to answer but still did “Yeah those we nearly ripped apart with our injector down the Cluster.”
“Here ya go again. You see that they don’t mind. Just try to have fun. Speaking of fun... certain friends are coming this way”
Spinel turns to see her human bestie, along with another slightly taller human
Spinel – Oh Connie well how do you like the ball? And who is this?
Connie – First, I think I should ask that. About ball I mean. And this is my sister Nora, she is also a gem.
Spinel – Waaait? So Steven’s not the only one? With both biology and stuff?
Nora – I understand your surprise trust me. But speaking of Steven, aren’t you two about to have a toast or what?
Spinel – A what? Should I eat something like that?
Nora – No no. That means you’ll give a speech to everyone before we start to dig in.
At that Spinel felt tense
All eyes will be on her?!
Spinel – O-okay not sure about that.
Her reflection didn’t have any of it
“Ah ah ah nope. This isn’t the time to be pulling backwards!”
Nora – Spinel? Wait, Are you afraid of audience?
Spinel – Wha?! No... maybe?
Connie – Okay listen , Jamie has Steven distracted for a few minutes so let’s prepare then
‘Unless he wandered off and forgot. I hope not’
Somewhere in the palace unbeknownst to anyone, there was a particularly gem contacting someone...
“All is going according to plan. My bots are ready to release the footage when necessary”
“Good. Then we shall stay the course until the moment is correct”
Something unwanted is about to happen

Meanwhile with Garnet

She tries to see the future... to no avail.
“Hmm”
Amethyst – Garnet you seen something right?
“No... that’s just it, I can’t see anything but dark...Something is blocking me”
__________
Well this should be interesting! Cracked Planet? Living mirage? Secret plot? Audience phobia?
What’s next?
STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT!