Familial Ties

It was a few days after the whole accident at the hospital.

Greg is seen making a bowl of ice-cream for Steven, with chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and a slice of pie.

Greg : Here you go, schtu-ball. Dinner is served. Ice-cream ala pie!

Steven : *laughs* Thanks, Dad.

Greg : Are you feeling any better? Looks like the swelling and glowing have gone down.

Steven pauses as he is about to grab a spoonful of ice-cream

Greg : You know, that pie won't eat itself.

Steven : Sorry, I'm just- thinking about stuff.

Greg : What stuff?

Steven : For one, Connie and I have been throguh not so good times this week...

Greg : Well you got that just now?

Steven : What?

Greg : I mean you say you've been through a lot but Connie was there for a lot of awful things too. Trauma could effect her differently, but I was surprised Sara...I mean her mother still didn't even know about the details of any of it.

Steven : Y-yeah that too...

Greg : Alrgiht and the next one?...

Steven : I've spent so long trying to figure out whether I was Mom. And Now that I actually know I'm me, it's like I have no idea who that is. I just wish I knew what to do with myself.

Greg : Well, that's relatable. When I was your age, I didn't know what to do either until I got my hands on good music. And before I had the van I had no idea what was out there until everything changed when I hit the road. I mean, sure, you've seen other planets but what about here?

Steven : Huh?

Greg : What about West Keystone? Or Charm City? California? Oregon? I had some of my most formative moments eating rest-stop sandwiches outside Delmarva house, and watching the trucks go by.

Steven : I...I guess I didn't see that.

Greg : Maybe you need a change of place, schtu-ball. You're never gonna find yourself if you don't start looking.

Steven : Yeah yeah!

Greg : Let's go then son. Right now! The road is calling, Steven! Can't you hear it?

The two then got some coats and shoes on and they hit the road in Greg's van. Greg was driving, Steven was in the passenger seat.

It's been a difficult week for him... but this day looks better than the previous one so he feels a little hope for today

His dad knew what he was doing as well, with with them first driving out of Beach City

They then stopped as a burger place to eat some burgers as then sat in the back of van with the back doors opened. A bird flew over to them and Steven tried to feed it with one of her fries.

They then hit the road again and Steven fell asleep for a bit to which Steven giggled at because he was snoring. They then stopped at a gas station called 'Uaua' where Greg got some gas for the van and cleaned the windows. After that, Steven was inside, looking at all gas station stuff. Steven then tried on some sunglasses and laughed as he saw Greg standing next to him with sunglasses on with him.

Steven then was outside, laying by the wall and Greg then walked into the bathroom. Greg then immediately walked out when he saw the bathroom from inside and Steven him a confused look.