Chapter 26

"you ready to go "Jordan said my aunt had told me she needed me out the house so she could plan so I was going shopping with Jordan for tonight oh and I also invited Noah.

Tonight was going to be fun."Yeah let's go."I said getting my purse,I had to pick out an outfit for tonight.

I smiled my arms were killing me,my aunt had given me her credit saying I should buy whatever I want.She shouldn't have encouraged Jordan honestly he went crazy.

I looked in the mirror, wow was I the same person I was yesterday.I didn't really feel older or more mature,it sacred me I was turning over this new leaf in my life and stepping in the unknown.

I didn't really feel older or more mature,it sacred me I was turning over this new leaf in my life and stepping in the unknown

"They're all waiting for you."my aunt said.She had invited everyone for my 18 birthday celebration.

It had been a few minutes since I had gotten ready yet I didn't go downstairs."yeah."I said sitting on the bed.

"you look beautiful honey,what's wrong did you change your mind about celebrating your birthday."my aunt said.

" No I didn't,I'm just a little nervous that's all."I said,it hurt not being able to celebrate this moment with my mother,I felt guilty honestly as if I'm betraying her somehow.

It doesn't make any sense I know,"it's okay to celebrate your birthday hazel your mother would've wanted you to, it's just your friends down there,and your father nothing big I promise."she said taking my hand.

I smiled,my aunt was right it's my birthday I should have fun plus I had invited my father,maybe this will give us a chance to get to know each other better.

Noah was downstairs,I had asked him to ask his brother if he wanted to come he could,I guess I'm feeling daring today he probably won't even come anyway.

"let's go aunty  ready to cut my cake."I said getting up.

"happy birthday."Everyone shouted as I came downstairs,I smiled acting shocked,I greeted everyone my aunt was right when she said all my  friends were here

.I was having a really good time and it was all thanks to my aunt I was dancing with my boyfriend swaying to the music, I wasn't a good dancer but I was lost in the music.I hadn't seen any signs of  lucas or alex yet,

"I'm go use the bathroom."I told noah,I was dancing for so long with noah just having a good time.

I walked upstairs,"hazel."I heard someone called as I exited the bathroom."alex its nice to see you."I said smiling."Happy birthday."he said handing me a small box,"you didn't have to alex."I said looking at the box.

"Its nothing really,It actually belonged to your mother she gave me back when she..left.I wanted you to have it."he said."Thank you."I said,in that moment I did the unexpected.

I hugged him,"its nice to have you hear dad."I mumbled, honestly I felt like crying but I didn't want to ruin Jordans work.

It felt weird being in his arms ,"thank you so much hazel for letting me in your life."He said his voice cracking.I looked up at him smiling,he was crying .