Taron and not me.

Mycroft's POV:
"Two hundred and twenty one B Baker Street, if you please." I asked the driver of the taxi vehicle.

I had an unsettling feeling about being in a public mode of transport. How many posteriors had been in this very seat I was sat in? I decided against placing my umbrella by my side and instead held it across my lap.

"Right you are mate." The driver replied.

I was most certainly not his mate.

I straightened the knocker and let myself in. The thick smell that must be the housekeepers baking attacked my nostrils the second I walked in. Thank god I did not have a 'Mrs Hudson' in my residence. I had never in all my years seen Sherlock eat a "butterfly cupcake".

"Ah it's wee Mike, sorry laddie ya hoodlum brother isn't here." A green creature called to me from its sprawled position on the sofa. How repulsive.
"Well isn't it good that it's not here I'm here to see." I did my trademark glare with a smile on my face in the confusing way I always do it.
"Are ya looking down ya nose at me fella?" The green haired man sat up quickly.
"Not at all." I said with an air of boredom.
"I know ya motives, ya here to find that detective." Tyrone waggled his finger.
"Gregory Lestrade? Yes, yes I am." He could not fool me.
"Well that's a shame, he's not here." The man spat. What was his name? I forget.
"You really need to get a plumber for that toilet." Greg emerged from the hallway, rubbing his hands.
"Oh where did ya appear from?" Tyrone looked sheepish.
"What?" Greg looked confused.
"I'll just be leaving." Tyrone ran out, red faced.

I smirked.

"Good to see you again Mycroft." Greg smiled at him intensely.
"And you, DI Lestrade." I smiled. Yes smiled. This time it was genuine.
"You play a dangerous game coming here, looking for me." Greg edged closer to Mycroft. "What would you say if Sherlock ever caught us?"
"I'd tell that brother of mine that I had the most important of business to attend to with a respected detective." I brushed a hair from Greg's coat. "And how was his business with his murder buddy?"

Our arrangement was becoming something habitual to me. I Scrooge, would text Greg, Cratchit, a time and a place. We would find a slot where we could be together for a long stretch of time. We were always careful, the state of the country seemed to have a habit of resting on my shoulders. Having a man distracting me didn't look good to my colleagues in national security.

This time, no text was exchanged. I had an associate give me a suggestion as to where Greg might be and I showed up on a whim. I never used to do anything on a whim. I could not say why I had done this? But I did know that my need to see him, be with him was, to my alarm, becoming ever greater.

Then there was the green man. The less said about him the better.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Do you think I should call him?" Rosie asked as we walked towards 221B.
"Call him again and I'll tear that phone from your hands and drop it in the loo." I replied.
"Just give him time to come to terms with the fact you have a thing for serial killers." Katelyn said, as she munched on her belvita.
"He's not a serial killer." Rosie said angrily. "He's a-"
"Oh my god!" Katelyn cut in on Rosie when we had opened the door of 221b.

In front of us stood Mycroft and Greg. Mycroft had his hands around Greg's head, his fingers intertwined in his hair. Greg had his arms around Mycroft, hugging him close. They were kissing.

"Just call me Cupid." I whispered, smiling.
"I used to kiss Matthew like that." Rosie said, welling up.
"Where do they keep their gin?" Katelyn wandered to the kitchen.
"How to deny our predicament." Mycroft looked terrified as he pulled away.
"Perhaps we don't then." Greg took his hand.
"Besties!! You are adorable." Katelyn called form the kitchen as she rummaged in a cupboard full of bottles.
Mycroft pulled Greg aside.
"National security Greg." Mycroft said with cross eyebrows.
"It can bloody get stuffed." I could see fire in Greg's eyes.
"But Gre-" Mycroft looked in a state of alarm.
"For gods sake Mycroft!" Brandon (Sherlock) was in the doorway.
"Do us all a favour love and have a little smooch." Mrs Hudson hovered behind him.
Mycroft looked as though he was ready to burst.

Then Mycroft put an arm around Greg's shoulder.
"Alright then." He said as he swooshed Greg in his arms, leaned down and kissed him passionately.

So out of character he made me have to look twice to see it was really Mycroft.

Alas though, it reminded me strongly of the radish to my carrot, the one I would likely never hold close again. Taron.

"I wish Matthew was here to see this." Rosie dabbed her eyes with a tissue that Mrs Hudson had passed to her.
"May I speak with you Rosie?" A dark and brooding voice came from the doorway.
Rosie turned in an instant.
"Matthew." Her face transformed.
"We have much to say to one another I believe."
"Wooo, go get your man bestie, ooo yummy." Katelyn was distracted by her phone.

I was still alone.