a kiss for charity

i honestly don't know if this is romantic or platonic lol

and um am i a psychic or something??? i wrote about this years ago then it actually happened????????? um??????????????????????

"I'm sorry guys, it's totally over for you," Jaiden grins. "Emily and I are making the cutest gingerbread houses ever."

I frown and look down at my, um, masterpiece? A variety of broken gingerbread house pieces litter my base and crumbs lay around on the table. Icing is drizzled all over it from my attempt to salvage whatever this disaster is but as you may have guessed, my attempts weren't very successful.

Looking over to James' house, I can see he's not doing so great either. I mean, his pieces are intact so better than me but they just aren't sticking.

Jaiden on the other hand has a neatly built, strong standing house and she's now working on decorative icing. Emily is struggling with her roof but its getting there. At least her walls are staying up.

If we don't come up with a game plan quickly Jaiden and Emily are gonna win. We're raising money for Thankmas and whichever team raises the most money wins. Jaiden and Emily have 20,000 dollars already while James and I are stuck on 500. We have to do something goddamnit.

"You know what," I say as an idea hits me. "If we raise 20,000 dollars I'll kiss James!"

The entire table bursts out in surprised laughter. James' being the loudest. He gets extra giggly when he's nervous and all he can do right now is giggle.

"Oh my god!" Jaiden laughs.

"I- what??" James says through his nervous laughter.

"You heard it here first folks," I say turning to the camera. "If you donate 20,000 dollars I, Adam Ortiz, will kiss James Rallison."

James laughs his high-pitched nervous laugh again then turns back to his gingerbread house. As he's trying to attach a roof piece a wall falls.

"Oh, shoot. Adam I think I messed up."

I lean over and have a look at his house. It looks salvageable to me (unlike mine).

"No you didn't. Just get some more icing on there."

James puts more icing on his gingerbread piece and gently reattaches it to the rest of his house.

"There you go," I grin as an idea crosses my mind. "You're doing great. Look at you. My little baby boy."

James laughs again and leans back in his chair, covering his face. I grin and make eye contact with the camera.

"Donate," I point at the camera.

I watch the laptop screen and see 3 donations fly in.

"Yes! There we go. 3 donations. That there is a group of people who wanna see me kiss James."

"I wanna see that," Jaiden says from the other side of the table. "I'm gonna donate."

"YES! LET'S GO!" I shout as I watch her pull out her phone.

"Oh my god," James says under his breath, his cheeks turning red as he adds more icing to his house.

It only takes a couple minutes for Jaiden's donation to come through.

"6000?? Jaiden!!" James laughs.

"Yess!! Donate everyone!!"

James just shakes his head and focuses on his house. But I need to keep hyping this up. If I don't we won't get any donations. So I take every opportunity I can to mention the kiss goal.