Everyone knew

This started out one way then spun into a completely different direction. The ideas individually are alright but I fused them together for some reason and now I hate this. It ended up feeling really fanfiction-y. You know? Yes this is fanfiction but it started to do that thing where extremely convenient stuff happened for the plot to progress and it ended up as a big stinky chapter. But whatever. Take it anyway. I'll have better stuff for you soon, I swear. 

"Man, parties are weird," I mutter. Adam, who's to my right, chuckles, "You're only saying that cause you'd rather be playing Mario Kart." I roll my eyes, "Pfft- I mean you aren't wrong." Adam smiles triumphantly, "Of course! I'm never wrong."

Before I can argue, Jaiden walks over, accompanied by Kelsey, or Antidarkheart, one of my background artists and friends.

"Hey, guys! Watcha' up to?" Adam smiles at their arrival, "Just talking 'bout how lame James is."

I place a hand over the right side of my chest and act offended. Oh wait my heart's on the left side- I quickly move my hand to the left and hope nobody noticed. "That hurts!" Adam smirks at me, "Did you just put your hand over the right side of your chest thinking it's where your heart is?" I look down quickly, embarrassed.

Before I can come up with a lie Adam ruffles my hair, "You're adorable, Jameson." My heart rate quickens. "I'm what?" I try my best not to stutter. I'm not embarrassing myself again. "You're adorable. Just look at you!" Adam places his hands on either side of my face, forcing me to look at him.

"Wh- I'm not adorable!" I stumble over my words as I attempt to wriggle out of Adam's grip, making everyone laugh. "Hey! Stop laughing!" Jaiden snorts, "Did you hear that voice crack? Oh man, comedy gold." I scrunch my nose up and finally escape Adam's grip, "You guys suck."

Pulling my phone out of my pocket, I check the time. "Can we just leave?" Kelsey shrugs. Jaiden looks over to Adam. When I follow her vision Adam smiles at her and nods. "Let's stay a bit longer, Jameson." 

I groan and fling my head back like a child, "How much longerrr?" "We're staying until you come dance with me!" I roll my eyes, trying to act cool. "I already said no Adam." Adam ignores my answer and grabs my wrist, dragging me to the crowd of dancing people. "Have fun you two!" Jaiden calls out. 

Once we're surrounded by people, Adam stops and smiles. Some pop song is playing, and I can't help but cringe. I don't even know how to dance! What do I do? I turn my attention to Adam, hoping for guidance. Except I'm greeted with him doing the Fortnite default dance. Welp, guess he can't help me.

The song ends and I let out a sigh of relief, "Cool, can we go now?" Adam shakes his head, "We can go after this next song. But only if you actually dance." I look at him, annoyed but quickly realise there's no point arguing. "Fine..." Adam's face lights up with his signature smile. His signature, gorgeous smile. 

Some music starts playing over the speakers. When I spot people walking away and couples walking over I realise it's a slow dance type of song. "Oh- should we wait for the next song?" Adam shakes his head and puts his hand out, "May I have this dance?" I giggle and nod, placing my hand in his. 

What? It's not every day you get to slow dance with your crush. Oh god, I sound like a 12-year-old-

"Do you actually know how to dance? Cause so far you've just been staring at me." I blink my eyes a couple of times, bringing myself back down to earth. "Uh... no, not really." Adam chuckles, "Alright, here, I'll show you." He carefully moves my hands to his shoulders and places his hands on my waist. 

With a quick reassuring smile, he carefully steps in some kind of pattern. I struggle to keep up but eventually get it.

Once I feel confident I look up at Adam. We gaze into each other's eyes as the song continues. I form a question in my head and slightly whisper it, not wanting to break the atmosphere. "So... It's just stepping?"