pictionary flirting

holy shoot this is 2300 words bahaah

James stares at Adam from the other side of the stage. He seems so far away. So out of reach.

This Pictionary game has been going on and on, why can't it end already?

He glances down at his phone. There's still 30 minutes left of the show. Just 20 minutes ago, moments before walking on stage, James had confessed to Adam that he likes him more than a friend should. And Adam likes him too. They're going out to lunch together after the Pictionary show. But James can't do anything but watch the time as his leg bounces up and down. He wants to go now. Their lunch date is so close yet so far and he can't wait any longer.

"Something bugging you?" Illyssa asks, nudging James' shoulder.

"Hm? No," James turns to her briefly then back to Adam. "No, I'm fine."

When he looks back, he and Adam make eye contact. Adam winks and sticks out his tongue making James' face burn furiously. He looks away and fiddles with his phone. As Jaiden walks into the centre of the stage to get a prompt his phone buzzes. He unlocks his phone to see a message from Adam. Looking up, he sees Adam smiling at him and holding his phone. James looks back down to read the message.

You look adorable <3

James can't contain the grin and blush that immediately spread across his face as he reads the message. He quickly texts back.

No you :)

"Awww! Thanks, James," Adam says into his microphone.

James freezes and looks at Adam. His smug grin only gets wider when he sees James' bright red face.

"What's he thanking you for?" Domics asks.

"Nothing," James spits out.

His friends frown and look between Adam's smug grin and James' flustered state.

"Okay, then," Illyssa frowns.

Jaiden goes up to draw and Adam's attention turns to guessing what she's drawing. James is both grateful that Adam isn't messing with him anymore but also misses his favourite person's attention.

"Yes!! Keanu Reeves with a top hat!!" Jaiden jumps up and down when Adam guesses correctly.

"What??" Adam laughs.

Domics goes up to draw next and the teasing continues. More winks, more smirks and some subtle heart hands are sent James' way.

"James, you aren't even guessing! Do we need to take an 'e' off of 'team threee?'" Illyssa jokes while Adam gets up to pick a prompt.

"Sorry, sorry. I'm just a bit tired," James mutters.

"Really? Cause you seem pretty awake when Adam so much as looks at you," Domics says.

Shit.

"Um, I don't know what you're talking about. Be quiet now he's about to draw," James attempts to wriggle his way out of this conversation.

"Just cause the audience can't see your flirting doesn't mean we can't," Illyssa says and leans back on the couch to watch Adam draw.

"We aren't flirting!" James frowns and crosses his arms.

"Who's not flirting...?" Jaiden says into her microphone from across the stage.

Oh. Shit.

Just his luck. Of course the microphone picked that up.

Illyssa snorts and watches James unravel into a shaking, sweating, blushing mess. The crowd starts shouting incoherent commands, only making James more embarrassed. Adam is no help, turning to face James and smirking as he watches him suffer.