Lonely Autumn Day

Not me posting this a day before Autumn ends in America lmao

James sinks into his couch, hoping the fuzzy blanket covering him will warm his lonely heart. 

Dramatic, I know.

But something about Autumn has always made James feel particularly lonely.

Maybe it's the number of couples he's watched walking through the parks, hand in hand.

Maybe it's the cold weather that makes him long for physical contact. 

Something about this time of year always gets him. 

It often results in him wrapping himself in a burrito-like cacoon on his couch and watching sappy romance movies. 

Like he is now. 

He sighs, longingly, as he watches the guy get the girl for the thousandth time today and buries himself further into the blanket. 

The movie ends, leaving him to hunt for another. 

He decides on a movie about a teenage boy and his decision to come out. The movies' description promises a love story, so they already have James interested. 

He presses play and starts watching. 

There are a nice amount of jokes, which manage to make James smile here and there. 

But his smile grows the widest as he watches the two main characters come close to kissing. 

He was quickly pulled out of his bubble when the doorbell rung. He barely had any time to register the ring before the door swung open.

"I should've known the door was open. Come on, Jameson. You need to remember to lock i-" James looks up to see Adam frozen in his tracks, staring at the TV screen. 

The two characters who were merely close to kissing when James had turned away, were now making out.

Now this is an awkward situation. 

James scrambled to find the remote, pausing it right before it got any worse.

He looks back at Adam whos face is coated in the brightest blush he's ever seen. 

As he's looking at Adam, he notices two takeaway cups in his hands. 

"Uh, c-can I help you? What're you doing here?" James asks quietly. 

"O-oh." Adam quickly shakes his head and turns to James, "I brought you a hot chocolate since I know you get lonely during Autumn..." 

Adam trails off before adding, "I guess that explains... whatever you were watching." 

James chuckles nervously, "W-well thanks." 

Adam walks over to the couch and sits down next to James and hands him a cup. 

He looks stiff, not letting his arms fall too far from his body as he takes a sip of his own drink. 

They sit quietly for a bit before Adam speaks up, quietly.

"Did you... wanna finish your movie?" 

They both looked to the screen where the make out was paused on.

"I-I dunno. We don't need to," James muttered.

"No, it's fine." 

"You sure?" James asked, not feeling confident that Adam was okay watching it. 

Adam just nodded with a smile.

"Well do you wanna...?" James held the blanket open for Adam.

Adam shuffled over and pressed his body against James' before wrapping the blanket around them.

"Comfortable?" Adam nodded and sipped his hot chocolate. 

James smiled, admiring Adam for a moment before pressing the play button. 

Both boys faces started glowing a bright red, watching the scene. 

They sat, embarrassed as their mind imagined themselves in the situation together. 

The worst of the movie eventually ended, leaving the rest as the problem and solution. 

Once James had finished his hot chocolate he put it on the table in front of them.

He sat back and decided to be bold. He carefully lowered his head onto Adam's shoulder. He felt Adam flinch before settling back down. 

Once Adam seemed calm again, James snuggled into his shoulder a little more and smiled. 

After a couple of minutes, Adam wrapped an arm around James, getting more comfortable with what was happening. 

They spend the rest of the afternoon and night, cuddling and watching romance movies, feeling a lot less lonely.