🖤 The dumbest thing I've ever done 🖤

Here's the story of the dumbest thing I ever did.

It happened just a couple of weeks ago actually... and it's something I deeply regret. 

James and I were arguing about who knows what and I suppose we were too invested in the petty argument to realise what we were saying.

"You never spend time with me anymore!" James shouted with tears streaming down his face as our voices were getting louder with each comment. "I'm starting to wonder whether you even loved me in the first place!" His words pierced through me like a dagger.

My mind was blurred and my thoughts chaotic. I shouldn't have said anything. I know I can get carried away sometimes, but without thinking I blurted out the very words that I'm regretting now... "Well maybe if you were a better boyfriend, I'd actually want to spend time with you!"

The room fell silent. So silent you could hear a pin drop. I instantly regretted everything I said. I didn't even realise what I was saying as the words poured out.

 "Well maybe... I should just leave then..." James said, staring at the carpet and fidgeting with his fingers and then wiping away a tear.

"Yeah, maybe you should." I mumbled ashamed of what I had said,

"Fine." I could see him getting more and more upset as he turned and fled, I knew I had hurt him.

And in a moment he was gone. He walked out the door, slamming it shut. I cried on the kitchen floor for hours. I called, messaged and even went to his house. No response. No answer. Nothing. I tried and tried but after a week he blocked me. I had no way of contacting him. It was truly...

Over-

RING RING

RING RI-

An unknown number. Huh. "Hello, Adam Ortiz speaking."

The person on the other side is silent. Weird must be a telemarketer. As I'm pulling my phone away from my ear, I hear a sniff. "A-Adam... I-I..." Wait is that James!? My heart skipped a beat as I brought the phone back up to my ear.

"I'm so sorry!" James bursts into tears and his cries echo through my empty house. "Adam y-you mean so m-much to me and I-I-I'm so, so sorry! I l-love you so m-much!" I'm shocked and stay silent. "Adam you c-complete me and I was b-being stupid, and I-I miss your hugs a-and just everything about you..." His voice is the shakiest I've ever heard it.

I take a deep breath thinking of how to respond. "James I... I love you too. And I'm so sorry about what I said... it was rubbish. I was being a complete idiot. I wasn't thinking, I'm so sorry!" James laughs weakly. "So...uh.. c-can I come over? It's been... so long," I chuckle, "Sure Jameson." I hang up and re-save James' contact as '💞Jameson 💞' I put my phone down and head to the bathroom to make sure I don't look like a wreck. But of course, I do.  

>>>>>>>>>>>> time skip>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm standing by the door pacing back and forth as I wait for James to arrive. 

What am I gonna do when he gets here? Will it be awkward? Will he wanna take it slow? What should I say? What should I do? My mind was racing, then suddenly, there's a knock at the door. I reach for the handle in a hurry but stop myself to take a breath and calm down. I open the door and see James standing there, just as cute and handsome as I remember, but he still looks like he's been crying. He greets me with a sad smile.

All my attempts to stay cool shoot out the window in seconds as I pull him towards me and into a passionate kiss, which thankfully, he returns. When we part we look into each other's eyes.

"Hi..." James says shyly with a face red.

I sigh, "I love you so much James." I pull him into a bear hug, never wanting to let go. I guess we aren't over. Nothing could tear us apart, not even a stupid argument it seems. I feel like now I relationship is stronger than ever before; I know now that we can get through anything. Together.

***edited by intergalactic_cookie! Thanks :D***