sheeeeeesh

in case it wasn't incredibly obvious I'm not gonna be doing any more jadam stuff

BUT here's a bunch of unfinished stuff for the homie UnipieWrites

merry christmas i love you <3

unfinished work #1:

"And now to celebrity news. Global popstar Adam Ortiz has been spotted on a date with an unidentifiable figure. Online speculation swirls as fans try to identify who is in the photo."

"Fans of musician Adam Ortiz go mad over new images of him on a date with a man. Is this who all of his love songs have been about?"

"New images show the man with Adam Ortiz is a popular Youtuber from 5 years ago, TheOdd1sout, or James Rallison. The internet is divided as they try to decide if this relationship is adorable or controversial."

---

"Mom--" James gets cut off as his mom shouts through the speaker of her phone. "Mom!! I'm-- it wasn't me!"

Adam watches from the other side of the room, chewing on his lip.

"I swear to you mom!... Yes. Yes, I know the church forbids it... Well, I didn't!" James sighs and paces back and forth. "Do you really believe those celebrity gossip reports? Come on."

He tangles his fingers in his hair and sighs.

"No, you don't have to tell dad. It's fine. I didn't even leave the house Saturday night," James defends himself. "Okay, thank you. Right. Bye, mom."

James pulls his phone from his ear and hangs up.

"I'm so sorry, babe," Adam frowns and walks up to James. He wraps his arms around him and rests his head on his shoulder.

"It's fine. It's not your fault."

"I just hate how nosey people can be," Adam mumbles. "Why am I not allowed to have a life? Why is my relationship open to the public to criticise?"

"I don't know," James wraps his arms around Adam's waist and breaths out slowly. "It's not fair."

Adam's phone buzzes, interrupting the moment of peace in their hectic day.

"Sorry," Adam detangles himself from James' embrace. "My manager."

"Hey, Steph," Adam takes a small step back from James as he answers. "I know. It's nuts... Yeah, thanks. James? Yeah, he's..."

Adam looks up at James, glancing over his tired eyes.

"He's... Holding up," Adam frowns and listens to what Steph has to say. "How many? ...Ten?? Holy crap, okay. Um, let me think about it. Forward me their emails... Okay... Thanks. Bye."

Adam hangs up and turns to James.

"Interviews. Ten of em'."

"Holy crap," James breathes out.

"They probably all wanna interrogate me about..." Adam smiles sheepishly. "Us."

"Are you going to do them?" James asks.

"I... Don't know. Would you rather I didn't? Cause I mean-- I could totally clear things up for you! Like, say it isn't you and stuff."

"No, no," James shakes his head. "You don't have to do that. Maybe I do need a push. I mean... I've been in the closet for years. And maybe for good reason considering my mom. But... She won't change her mind. And I don't wanna hide forever."