💔 Laser tag meltdown 💔

"Hey, Babe wanna go play laser tag?" James opened the door to our bedroom. I hadn't gotten up this morning. I've been thinking about our relationship. "If you wanna go sure," I replied with little to no enthusiasm. James raised an eyebrow, "Do you not want to go?" "No- I mean yes! I mean... Uh, we can go to laser tag." Even more confused James nods and walks into the room. He starts rummaging through our wardrobe while my thoughts go nuts. I probably really annoyed him... I'm way too clingy too. He probably hates me! And he's only dating me out of pity... "Are you gonna get up lazy butt?" James laughed so I stood up. I couldn't help but wanna collapse right back into bed but I don't want to annoy James...

°•At the laser tag arena•°

"Here are your vests and guns. You know the rules... No running, climbing blah blah blah..." The employee told us the rules and opened the door for us and the other players to go through. It was a free for all, so James had already left my side. I walked up a ramp, dragging my feet until I got tagged. Looking up and saw James moving behind a wall for cover. My thoughts keep coming and I can't seem to get into the game. I get tagged five more times before i decide to move to a little corner. I lean against the wall and sink to the floor. My negative thoughts resurface until I hear my vest signal I've been tagged again. "Are you alright Adam? You're usually great at laser tag!" James comes and sits next to me. "I dunno..." Admitting what's bothering me would be stupid. I can't tell him! "Come on babe I know something's up. You never lose laser tag," James chuckles lightly as he wraps his arm around me. "I just..." I take a deep breath, staring into my lap. James never fails to get me to talk. "James are you sick of me?..." "W-what?" Not daring to look up I continue, "Do I annoy you? Am I... too clingy?" James gently turns my head to face his. "Adam... I love you... Every part of you. You don't annoy me... I'm not sick of you and you aren't too clingy." "Are you sure?" James' face looks serious as he stares into my eyes. "Adam I am more sure about my love for you than my love for sprinkles," Knowing how much James loves those sugary toppings I laugh. James hoists me up, "Now let's play some laser tag!"