Chapter 3 - What we used to

Jisoo POV

"Hey," I greeted with a smile when she sat beside me. Keep it cool, I told myself, trying to hide all the nerves that had been building up inside me. But no matter how hard I tried my heart continued to race, and found myself fidgeting with the fork in my hand, my fingers dancing aimlessly across its cold, metal surface.

"Ah, uhm... Sorry about what happened earlier," I stammered once again, while continuously fidgeting the fork in my hand. And she did it again, she responded with that same warm smile. The kind of smile that starts with her eyes. I'm aware that she's smiling but I'm not even looking at her lips. Not at all. I couldn't tear my gaze away from her eyes, even if I wanted to. Her eyes somewhat asked me to smile back slowly without even realizing it. It's the type of smile that stays with you, bringing a lingering feeling of joy even after it has faded away.

"I'm perfectly fine, don't worry."

"Yeah, you're so... fine." I blurted out, words came out of my lips before I had a chance to filter them. Fuck

She just laughed softly with a subtle shake of her head, before turning to Lisa when she chimed in.

"Do you guys know each other?" Lisa asked, nonchalantly eating her food without looking up. Thanks for the save!

"She bumped into me earlier," Jennie explained.

"Wow, like in the movies, with slow motion, everyone stopped and gradually vanished, leaving only the two of you in the scene? Is that what happened Jisoo?" Lisa laughed making fun of me. If you only knew that's what exactly happened to me. But Why am I not surprised that you will do this to me? I swear you're not helping, man.

"Nye nye, funny!" Jennie intruded making face on Lisa.

Cute

Lisa shot Jennie a playful glare. "Yah! That's romantically... funny HAHAHAHA." When is she going to stop? This is beyond embarrassing.

"Stop it Lisa," I said as I threw a crumpled tissue at her.

"What? Come on don't be such a killjoy Jisoo, you need to loosen up a bit. It's fun" Lisa grinned, clearly enjoying herself.

"I am not," I slowly protested, as I embarrassedly rubbed my forehead. I thought you were here to help me.

"You are, look at you now? You're acting like a mom geez" she teased, her laughter ringing out. I silently hoped she'd choke on her food.

"Hey, you two, enough of that! I can't believe you're doing that right in front of Jennie," Seulgi intervened.

"Look who's talking?" Lisa countered.

"Yah! What did I do? Why are you suddenly acting like this? We usually eat in peace, do you have a crush on Jennie?" Seulgi playfully teased Lisa.

"Where did that come from?" Lisa fired back with a scoff, blinking at Seulgi in disbelief. "Come on, Seulgi, don't be ridiculous. Lisa continued to tease Seulgi in defense of her own embarrassment, trying to divert attention away from her. But deep down, a part of me wondered if there was some truth to Seulgi's playful banter. "Do you want me to tell Iren-ump?" Lisa added. Seulgi shuts Lisa up by stuffing a dumpling into her mouth and covering it with her hand.

"I'm sorry Jennie, embarrassing as it may have seemed, but we love to bicker sometimes.", I said scratching my head in awkwardness.

Jennie shook her head mouthing "It's fine" and she smiled showing her gums. And I melted a little inside. Such a cutie.

"Hey, stop that Seulgi you will kill Lisa, let her breathe," Irene said.

(a/n - wow kasali pala si Irene dito AHAHHAHA)