Chapter 18 - We and Us

Jisoo POV

Jisoo POV

We're here at the beach setting up the stage again for tonight. It's our last busking night later and it's evident our event here is a success. Everything happened as we planned. I can say that this is my most memorable summer so far, a lot had happened in less than a week.

Lisa and Jennie are now dating, I found a new cry buddy Rosie, Lisa and I are not on good terms because of a girl, and last but definitely not least, I got to see the reality. Rosie was right she already made a choice, unfortunately, it's not me and I have to accept it.

But all in all, I enjoyed it, we enjoyed this summer vacation. Time flies so fast, few more months to go and we are going to march on our graduation ceremony, and welcome to the real world we called life.

"Hey" she called.

"Hey" I replied with a smile.

"Are you... avoiding me?" should I tell her that I need space?

"N-no, of course not, why would I do that? okay, I stuttered.

"You do, I've been trying to approach you earlier but you kept saying that you have to do something, or if I go near you you're going away like I have an infectious disease." I can't help it, every time I see her that night flashes back to my mind.

"We're all occupied earlier for the preparation of our last night, sorry if you feel that way," I said trying myself to fake a smile.

"Jisoo are we... okay?" she said with worried eyes looking straight to mine.

"Of course, we are," I said as I tapped her shoulder.

"Where is Lisa?" I added.

"She came back to the hotel to change," she said.

"Can we talk?" I asked.

"Now?" she asked back.

"Yes," I said as I offer my arm where she usually clings in.

"Sure, let's take a quick walk at the beach," she said and clings her arm on my arm.

"So you guys are dating now huh, she told me about your current setup, are you going to be ok with that?" I asked.

"Hmmm, yes, I agreed," she said as she pursed her lips while watching her feet.

"You're joining her battle, Jennie, please be ready," I said and stopped walking looking straight at the sinking sun.

"Are you ready for that upcoming challenge? It will never be easy Jen." I added.

"She told me about her past and troubles and I'm willing to work with her... I can change her," she said with a light squeeze on my upper arm.

"Do you love her?" I asked.

"I do" she straightforwardly said. Two simple words instantly gave a pang in my heart. I can't help but clench my fist inside my pocket.