Chapter 24 - Blind Spots

Jennie POV

One last semester and we're out of school minding our own life. Just thinking of it gives me a bittersweet feeling that finally, we are free with these professors bombarding us with paper works but that also means that the responsibility that we have had since we were born as heirs will finally be on our hands, meaning we will definitely have a busy life proving ourselves that we are capable of replacing our parents.

It's been a month since Lisa and I started dating been consistent in joining me every breakfast if she could. Either she will pick me up and have breakfast at our favorite coffee shop near KU, or we will cook our own breakfast. I'm not a breakfast person but Lisa changed that. Since Papa knew about us, sleepovers are kinda limited when he's at home, well I told her that it's okay but she prefers not to, maybe because of Papa, as if we are going to do something inappropriate in my room, duh! Well, I want to, but since the night that we almost did that and realized that I still have my V card she stopped throwing jokes about it and I hate her for being good at controlling herself, while the curiosity in me grows. She sleeps over at the mansion most of the time, three or four times a week, she's more like a roommate now. Why spend nights alone in our own respective house if our parents are mostly away, right?

I am now sitting on the corner of the coffee shop, waiting for our order. She picked me up at the mansion earlier. I lean my chin on my palm while looking at her, "Are you there yet, Lisa?" I mumble. The longer I wait, the more I feel that I need to ask her. Should I?

It's like sweetly torturing me, it feels good that she's there doing efforts like she's my girlfriend, we literally are acting girlfriends, to be honest, the only thing missing is the label and of course, the exchanges of I love yous. I can feel it, I can see it, but I'm not certain what she really feels towards me because I don't have a solid thing that I can hold to make sure that she loves me because until now she's incapable of saying those three words and eight letters to me.

Gestures and actions she's showing me, is it love or just the typical sweet and thoughtful Lisa? I know that action speaks louder than words but in my situation, without those words, I will remain hanging in the middle of the air with the danger of falling to the ground face first. God, what did I get into?

I'm stuck between I wanted to ask her badly so I can get over it but I'm also afraid that I wouldn't be able to handle her answer.

"Salted Caramel and Cafe Americano for Angel" that's us. Yes, we use Angel as our name in every coffee shop whenever we order coffee, corny? I don't care. We don't care.

"Here's your Americano, Madame," Lisa said and placed the cup of coffee in front of me with a Basil Penne. "Thanks, Lili," I said.

"Always welcome Nini, eat before it gets cold," she said as she take a bite of her Bacon Cheese Ciabatta.

"What's that?" she asked while pointing at the tissue in front of me.

"Oh uh nothing, some idea that I might forget it so, I wrote it here," I said while folding the tissue and placing it inside my journal.

"So, are you ready?" I asked.

"Always am!" she arrogantly said. I just scoff in return.

"What? It's our company anyway, why wouldn't I be ready? And we've done this last semester the only difference is we will do it full time this semester" she said as she lean her chin on her fist.

"Well, you have a point. This also means that we will have less time together" I sadly said forming a pout on my lip. Me thinking about it misses her already.

"That's why I gave you a proxy in case we can't meet every day, make sure that he'll be with you every breakfast." she's talking about Kuma, the dog who interrupted us that night.