Chapter 35 - Mornings Like This

Third Person

Rosie slowly pulled back from the kiss and gazed at her friend, Jisoo's eyes wide with wonder. "Wha- what was that?!"

"A kiss, dummy," Rosie replied, giggling. "See, it's nothing. I don't feel any sign of ... passion, heart flutters, tingles, or anything like that." Rosie denied it by describing what she exactly felt during the kiss. "I didn't feel anything sexual at all," she added almost sounding defensive. While on the other hand, Jisoo kept her silence, still amid shock.

"It didn't make me feel all gooey inside or like I wanted to do naughty things...and my body certainly didn't react in a way that's typical of...you know what I'm talking about." She nodded her head in affirmation as she continued to speak - keeping her cool, still trying to state what she exactly felt to strongly deny Jisoo's assertion. Rosie is now internally pleading for Jisoo to speak up because she knows that she will not stop talking about it until she does.

"Y-ya! Y-you started it. I just gave you what you want." more of what she wants. Jisoo is still looking at her blankly, mouth shut- making it so hard for Rosie to read.

"I-is that enough proof for you? Are you going to stop blubbering about it again?" still nothing in return from Jisoo. My God, please talk I'm already dying inside.

Rosie just shakes her head in disbelief as she sighs in frustration. "Did I break your vocal cords? Aren't you going to say something? Was it that bad?" Rosie said and lean her back to the edge of her bed looking straight at their window and letting out a sharp disappointed sigh.

"I just felt... nice. Nice and warm." Jisoo admitted softly at last. Oh God, what did I just say?

"Honestly, it was like nothing happened," Jisoo added trying to lighten up the tension in the room and got a sarcastic scoff in return from her friend, Rosie. Jisoo paused for a brief moment before continuing, taking a deep breath before she said her next words.

"Okay, okay, so that may sound stupid to you, but I didn't feel anything sexual at all, I swear!" Jisoo said this statement three times in a row with conviction in her voice. Damn it! Do I really need to mention something about being... Fuck!

"Alright! Alright! Alright! You don't need to say it multiple times!" Rosie raised her hands in surrender and let out a deep sigh. "So, are we good now?" she added.

"Y-yeah, I'm sorry. That was supposed to be a joke. I didn't mean to kiss you for real." Jisoo shyly said as she looked down into her lap, clearly embarrassed. "I'm really sorry about that."

"Dummy! May I just remind you that I was the one who kissed you, should I say sorry then?" Rosie said with a laugh.

"I just want to make this clear. N-No one is going to say anything about this to anyone!" Rosie said in a serious tone. "Promise me you won't tell anyone about this please," she added, looking worriedly at Jisoo who smiled and assured her that she would keep her promise.

"And I don't want to see or feel all this awkward awkwardness between us either, so please let's forget about this, okay?" Rosie said firmly. And I'm sure that I will remember every single detail of it - embarrassed, including the aftermath look of her.

Jisoo nodded in agreement and they both smiled at each other for a few moments before letting out a big sigh of relief at the same time.

"Kiss me again." Jisoo suddenly blurted out, completely surprising Rosie.

"Y-ya!"

"I'm kidding!" Jisoo scoffs. "So, who is that guy?" Jisoo added. This is her only way out from the fact that she was kissed by her go-to friend nowadays.