Chapter 32 - Day 1 - A Lovely Day

A/N: Feel good nostalgic music

Build Me Up Buttercup - The Foundation
Lovely Day - Bill Withers

Better listen to 'em while reading 😉

__________________________________________________________

Third person

A feather floating in the air, that's exactly what Lisa feels the moment she opens her eyes with the ray of sunlight filtering through the white thin curtain beaming her eyes. A smile suddenly traced her lips with the thoughts of how chaotic yet noteworthy day they had yesterday, how everything has started from the thoughts and fear of splitting up and ended up having a new beginning for them. Enough for her to feel so tranquil and happy inside out, while hearing the calming sound of waves hitting the beach, birds merrily chirping and singing, and the smell of fresh sea breeze with a girl beside her peacefully sleeping, back facing her, half-naked, "A piece of perfection," she mutters as she gently kisses her favorite part of Jennie's body --her nape.

A lovely day, with my lovely angel.

Lisa carefully rolls out of their bed and head out of the room with cheerful bouncing steps, hands swaying in the air thinking about what to make for their first breakfast as a real couple.

"Let's start with music, Lisa," she mumbles to herself and place her phone on the dock playing a random song from her playlist.

"Oh nice, start," she said upon hearing the intro of the song. The beat of bass guitar, tambourine, and bongo drums instantly make her body sway to the sound of music, and slowly lifts her hands up, feeling the music and her body with her eyes closed causing her loose soft white shirt slightly raising exposing her black underwear. Then piano and percussion sound comes in, adding a harmonious sound and hyping her mood more, then the first line comes in and Lisa can't stop herself to sing along.

"Why! Do! You! Build me up!" singing the first line with a little growl and acting as if she's playing the guitar.

A kinda sad song hiding in a great arrangement of instruments, but this one is a bop, Lisa thought as she dance and step joyfully to the beat of the song Build Me Up Buttercup, going to each window turning around, head banging, and occasionally singing as she spread each curtain widely letting the natural sunlight light up the entire living and kitchen area.

"I need you! More than anyone, darlin'" she sings the line as she slides to the middle of the living room with her fist close next to her mouth as if she's holding a mic.

"You know that I have from the start, So build me up Buttercup, don't break my heart" continues to sing along as she heads to the kitchen still undecided what to cook.

Lisa can do a lot of stuff aside from cooking even if she grew up with a family surrounded by chefs, she didn't find cooking food interesting, she can even barely cook ramyeon before, if it's not salty it's bland. Not until she found out that Jennie is used to eating alone since they were kids and that gives her the urge to learn how to cook with the help of her dad via call or sometimes watching cooking shows to learn new recipes, all for her, for Jennie.

A little effort to make her angel start a delightful day won't hurt, that's what she thought when she started this routine.

"Hmmm what do we have here?" Checking the fridge thinking and remembering recipes she learned.

"Oh this will do," she utters as she grabs some eggs, butter, milk, and yogurt. Then get a loaf of bread, and the condiments needed for french toast -maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon powder, sugar, and salt from the pantry.