Chapter 7 - Let Me In

Jennie POV

A few months have passed, and everything seems to be going well. I've grown a bit closer to Ms. Cold Girl after that night, but despite our childhood connection, she still keeps a certain distance from me, from us? I'm not sure why, but it feels like she's built a high wall between us. We do talk, yes, but it's mostly casual. There are no signs that we used to talk for years back then. Well, sometimes we get along well, throwing banters and sharing inside jokes, but there's always that lingering feeling that she's holding back. She's the epitome of hot and cold.

Rosie and I have become close friends. We share most of our classes, and she's cool and easy to get along with. I love how she can get under Lisa's skin so easily. We even have study sleepovers together. I think I've found a new best friend. As for Jisoo, we go out almost every weekend for the tours she promised, and we often invite Rosie, Seul, and Irene to join us. She really meant it when she said she'd show me the best places in town.

"Rosie! Over here!" I called out to her when I spotted her in the hallway.

"Hey, girl! How was your weekend with Jisoo? Sorry, I couldn't make it, I had a ton of schoolwork," she said, showing me her research paper.

"That's totally fine! Priorities!" I said.

"Got any plans tonight? I feel like I need a night out to unwind and have some fun," Rosie said leaning lazily on the wall.

"I think I'll pass. I need to work on our research paper." I said joining Rosie against the wall. "Our business research paper is due in a few weeks, and I really need to get a head start on it without her," I sighed, my shoulders slumping as I pouted.

Lisa has been MIA for the past week, completely out of contact, and no one seemed to know where she was, not even Jisoo. The worry about Lisa's whereabouts has been consuming me for days now.

"Just give her some time. She usually goes off the grid during this time of the year," Rosie explained, biting her lip as if she knew more. Does she know where Lisa is?

"What do you mean by the 'time of the year'? I'm not following," I said, brows furrowed in confusion. I know I'm not in a position to pry, but I can't help but worry about Lisa's sudden disappearance.

"It's not my place to tell, Jennie. You two are friends; you should ask her. She's been shutting everyone out, even Jisoo, her best friend. Maybe you can break through her walls," she muttered softly, her voice filled with concern. "I miss the old Lisa. But for now, what we can do is have to let her be."

"Do you know where she is now? Rosie, it's been a week, and I'm really worried," I said, locking eyes with her.

Please, tell me.

"I'm sorry. As much as I'd like to help, I have no idea where she is right now. She said she'd be back this week, so try not to worry too much, okay?" Rosie replied, patting my shoulder.

I still had no clue what was going on with Lisa or what she was going through. No one dared to share the story behind it., and it's frustrating. What are you doing to yourself, Lisa?

Rosie and I went our separate ways after our brief conversation about Lisa's whereabouts. Now I'm stuck in this class all alone. This subject can be incredibly boring, especially without a seatmate like Lisa to exchange ideas with.

Where are you?

"Before you all go out for lunch, there will be a long quiz next week in preparation for your midterm exam." he unfortunately informed us all causing a loud collective groan to resonate throughout the classroom.

We all shared the same sentiment about this exam, and our groans seemed to blend into one.

"How are you going to catch up now Lisa? You need to show up today or else..." I mumble, before heading out of the classroom.