Chapter 51 - FML

Third Person

Lisa's heart filled with anticipation and excitement as she walked from her car towards the mansion, clutching a small box tightly in her hand. The thought of Jennie's reaction to the custom-made necklace she designed specifically for her made her smile from ear to ear.

On her way back, she tried her best to shake off the troubling image she saw earlier. Deep down, Lisa believed that Jennie would never cheat on her. Jennie had experienced the pain of infidelity herself, she knew all too well how devastating it could be. Same as Taehyung, he's always been a trustworthy and caring friend, and Lisa was certain he would never intentionally hurt her. "They would never do that to me."

But...

Sometimes, even the closest people we have can surprise us in a cruel way. Her heart skipped a beat when she spotted the silhouette of Jennie and Taehyung from afar. Jennie was following Taehyung and stopping him in his tracks, saying something she can't hear, and before she could make sense of the situation, Lisa's worst fears were confirmed.

Taehyung turned towards Jennie and kissed her on her lips, Lisa was sure it was on her lips even though the distance made it hard to see clearly. Her breath caught in her throat and felt like a bucket of cold water was poured over her head, her heart felt like it had been ripped apart.

Without thinking, Lisa abruptly turned around and walked back to her car. Tears welled up in her eyes as she fumbled for her car keys, her heart felt like tearing apart with each beat.

Sitting alone in her car, Lisa clutched the small box tightly, her fingers trembling. The excitement she had felt moments ago has been replaced by a deep sense of betrayal and heartbreak. Her mind raced with questions, about how long has it been going on. What went wrong? How could Jennie do this to her? How many times has she been lied to?

She couldn't believe what she had just witnessed - her girlfriend, Jennie, sharing a kiss with her dear friend Taehyung, she can't unsee it no matter how hard she tries. The image of them played over and over in her mind, haunting her every thought.

But still, she gave Jennie the benefit of the doubt, she might have jumped to conclusions. She might have misunderstood what she saw. She might have seen it wrongly because of the distance and angle. Maybe it wasn't on the lips.

(A/N: Cosplayer lang nila yun. Denial, first stage.)

Calling Jennie was a desperate attempt to seek clarification and save what little hope she had left in their relationship. Her hands trembled as she dialed her number, hesitating for a moment before finally pressing the call button. When the phone rang, Lisa took a deep breath and tried to steady her voice, and waited for Jennie to pick up.

Jennie's voice came through, "H-hey, Lisa," she stammered and Lisa swallowed hard, trying to suppress the anguish in her tone. "Hey," Lisa managed to say, keeping her voice steady despite the turmoil inside her.

"Y-you're still coming tonight, right?" Jennie asked, her voice filled with guilt. Lisa's heart sank more deeply at the question, Jennie's stammering says it all. Lisa clenched her jaw before responding.

"Where are you?" Lisa asked, even her own voice betrayed her for cracking.

"At the mansion, waiting for you," Jennie replied, her voice faltering.

Lisa's grip on the steering wheel tightened as anger welled up within her. She bit her lip, trying to steady her trembling voice. "Who's with you?" she asked, struggling to keep her emotions in check.

At first, Jennie hesitated, and then she replied, "N-no one" Lisa pressed her hand so hard on her mouth to prevent Jennie from hearing her sobs escaping after hearing Jennie had lied to her face once again, just moments after witnessing her kissing Taehyung. Her tears continued to flow uncontrollably, to the point where she could taste the saltiness of tears on her fingertips. "L-lisa we badly need to talk tonight. Please come back."