Chapter 44 - Mistrust

Jennie POV

The plane finally landed in Jeju, my new home for the next few months. Everything sank in the moment I get out of the plane, it's now for real - I am here, away from everyone back in Seoul, away from her. I took a deep breath of the salty ocean air as I stepped off the plane, feeling anxious about my new life here with him. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle working with him every day, seeing his face, and hearing his voice. And what I hated the most, he's my boss. Damn it, of all people, why him?

Four months, just four months, I mentally repeated to myself as I walked out the airport doors and headed toward my ride. I knew I had to keep reminding myself and try my best to separate work from personal issues.

"Hi Miss Jennie, I'm Hanbin your personal assistant for the rest of your stay here," a friendly tone interrupted my thoughts. I turned to see a smiling face, that gave me a little sense of comfort in this unfamiliar place. I mustered up a small smile in return and thanked him as he helped me with my luggage. As we drove to the hotel, Hanbin showed me some spots around the island that he thought I might be interested in seeing during my stay. Even offered to take me there himself if I ever had the time.

Finally, we arrive at the hotel, and shown me to my suite. "Miss Jennie here's your keycard, and if you need anything at all, do not hesitate to let me know. Here's my card, you can call me anytime Miss," Hanbin said with a bow before leaving.

"Thanks, Hanbin, I'll see you tomorrow," I replied as I stepped into my room.

I can't help but feel a little homesick, I miss her already. I tried calling her earlier to let her know that I arrived safely, but it went straight to voicemail. She must be sleeping right now since we barely slept last night. I badly miss her sweet voice, her touch, and warm embrace, her scent, her everything.

I look around my suite trying to make it feel more like home. This suite is pretty big for one person, with an elegant design and refined atmosphere, offering a bedroom, a comfortable living area, and a private balcony with an ocean view.

The living area is decorated tastefully with comfortable yet sophisticated furniture. A plush couch and matching armchair provided a cozy spot to relax, while a modern glass coffee table added an extra touch of elegance to the room.

A glass door from the living area leads to the private balcony with a stunning ocean view, stylish outdoor table, and chairs - a perfect spot to enjoy a cup of coffee or a glass of wine while looking at the natural beauty of Jeju Island.

Moving towards the bedroom, I can't help but notice the luxurious king-size bed, dressed in the finest linens and fluffy pillows. Large windows allow natural light to flood the space and give me a glimpse of the ocean even while lying in bed. A walk-in closet next to the bathroom with a tub and a separate rainfall shower further adds to the luxurious feel of the suite. A perfect combination of luxury and comfort.

I sighed as I sat on the bed, thinking how amazing it would be if she were here with me.

After admiring the suite and unpacking my luggage I decided to freshen up and take a quick shower. Maybe exploring Jeju later would distract me from missing her. After freshening up and putting on some comfy clothes, I grabbed my phone and headed out of my bedroom dialing Hanbin's number from the card he gave me earlier.

But then I heard someone unlock the door.

"You've got to be kidding me," I muttered to myself, as I saw him standing in front of me with his luggage with a shocked expression on his face. I blinked a few times, hoping that it was just my imagination playing tricks on me. But it wasn't.

"Jen, w-what are you doing in my room?" he stammered, looking stunned as he stood in front of me.

"Your room?! This is my room," I exclaimed, gesturing around the suite.