Chapter 22 - Love Bomb?

Lisa POV

We had a great time last night, seems like she enjoyed my parents' company which is great! We stayed up almost all night talking about our past, memories that we had over the phone, trying our best to dig our days together when we were kids from our memories.

We have this kind of amazing connection that I can't explain, that I don't find in another person even with Jisoo. We were not talking for years, we haven't seen each others' faces but when our eyes met for the first time it just falls right back again, I don't know but it's just there an inexplicable deep connection. We just click, I'm comfortable with her like I've known her my whole life, that I don't have to pretend to be anyone or anything.

It's fucking 5 in the morning and here I am still awake thinking of her. What did you do to me, witch! I texted her good morning and head myself out of my room to go for a morning jog.

I saw dad having coffee in our garden. "Good morning Dad" I greeted him with a kiss on his cheek. "What are you doing here this early?" I asked.

"Can't you see, I'm having my peace, drinking coffee" he said as he chuckle.

"Yeah, right" I replied rolling my eyes. Then he laughs at me.

"Where are you going?" he asks as he sips his hot coffee.

"I can't sleep Dad, maybe a quick jog could help," I said.

"You're thinking of her do you?" he said and darted me with a sly look.

"Dad, it's too early for that kind of joke, you know" I retorted.

"I'm not joking Love, I'm happy for you... it's been a while since I last saw you smile and laugh like that." am I that down that even my parents missed that side of me?

"Yes Dad, I'm happy, it's like I finally found my home with her," I said and decided to join and sit beside him.

"I kinda lied last night Dad" I added.

"What do you mean?" he asked back. Dang, I don't remember when was the last time I open up with my Dad, I usually go to Uncle instead of him but this is different, it's her daughter that I'm dating. Kinda awkward if I will ask him to talk about how to date your daughter thing, right?

"We are not just friends Dad. Jennie and I are dating, but yeah...she's not my girlfriend yet," I said fidgeting my fingers on top of the white garden table.

"I didn't know that courting is still a thing with kids nowadays," he said scoffing at me. How would I say that I'm not even courting her? That it's me, who's holding back. Scrap that, I guess that stay between me and Jennie.

"Uhm, we're taking it slow, Dad." I plainly said.

"I like her, you should invite her here more often." this is what I like with them, they are cool, I never had any issues about me being gay, they accept me for who I am.

"Will do Dad" I replied, then an idea came into my mind, scrap the morning jog. "Dad, I need your help" I added.

"How can I help Love?" maybe by doing this can make her feel more little secure that my intention is clean. Let's start a routine, Lisa.

Jennie POV

I dreamed about us and the last part of my dream is me smiling widely at her and I woke up with the same smile plastered on my lips, is this just me? Is this normal? Good thing I decided to go home, I'm sure that I also sleeptalk earlier that would be embarrassing if she heard that from me.

I rolled and crawled to my king-sized bed to get my phone from my side table to see if there was any message from her, another smile traced my lips seeing her message, "Good morning my angel" I don't know what's with this message, it's just a plain good morning, no emojis or any flowery words...just a simple good morning that makes my heart flutters. I texted her back and rolled out of bed to do my morning routines.