Chapter 57 - We Meet Again

Third Person

After months of persistent efforts, they still had no luck in securing a partnership with the mysterious chef even securing an appointment to pitch their concept. They never expected it to be easy, but the constant rejections and unavailability of the chef were starting to frustrate them, especially Jennie.

All they need to do is get a chance to present and everything will follow. Jennie is the type of person who will not give up without even trying. Just one talk, that's her goal, and she's determined to make it happen, by hook or crook.

Jennie and Jisoo's decision to travel to Sicily, Italy was fueled by their willpower to make the collaboration with the mystery chef a reality. Well, more of Jennie's. It was a bold move to fly across the world without any guarantees, but Jennie was willing to take the risk in order to achieve their goal and secure this unique opportunity for their new hotel.

"I can't believe we're doing this Jennie," Jisoo uttered looking outside the window of their car as they made their way through the streets of Sicily.

"It's a risky move, but sometimes you have to go all in to get what you want," Jennie replied, her determination evident in her voice. "I don't know, but I have a good feeling about this, I can't explain but it just feels right."

Jisoo let out a nervous laugh, "Well, I hope your intuition is right because we've come a long way for this."

"My intuition never lets me down, Jisoo. Business-wise." Jennie clarified. "You know what, this is a perfect destination for honeymoon too." Jennie turned to Jisoo with a smirk.

Jisoo chuckled and shook her head, "I'm planning to get married first before thinking about honeymoons, Jennie." Jisoo bit her lip looking out the window, "And I think Paris is better?"

"Come on we've been there countless times--" Jennie was cut off by the driver, "We're here Miss."

"Finally," Jennie exclaimed, her eyes lighting up. "Let's check in first and maybe freshen up a bit before we head over to the restaurant."

"Whoa chill, we can do that tomorrow, let's just rest today and then maybe review our proposal before meeting that mysterious chef tomorrow," Jisoo suggested getting out of the car. "Or maybe explore the city a little, just to ease our minds before the big day?"

"I already made a reservation for dinner tonight," Jennie stated confidently, not willing to waste any time.

"Of course you did," Jisoo sighed, knowing that once Jennie set her mind on something, there was no turning back.

"We have three chances, dinner tonight, lunch tomorrow, and dinner the day after," Jennie said double checking the schedule on her phone. "We can't afford to waste any of them," she continued.

"Unbelievable," Jisoo muttered under her breath following Jennie who is now engrossed in her phone, not wasting a single second.

"Alright, let's explore the city we might get something we can use to build a connection with that chef. We still have 5 hours spare before dinner," Jennie said considering Jisoo's suggestion.

Jisoo just shook her head in amusement at Jennie's drive to close the deal. "Don't get your hopes up too high," Jisoo warned. "Remember we're getting into this blind, we don't have any business appointment with this chef, this may make or break our chance."

"At least we've done everything we can. If we can't get that chef's attention by sending multiple emails and phone calls, then we'll get it done by showing up in person." Jennie declared. "I already have plan B if things won't work out. I just can't let this go without giving a fight. But I really have a good feeling about this don't be so pessimistic," Jennie added, nudging Jisoo playfully.