Chapter 6 - Young Love

Lisa POV

Is she?... No, fucking way.

"Papa? He's your Papa?" I asked in confusion.

"Yes!" she proudly exclaimed, her cheerful smile revealing her gums. Then, she turned to Mr. Choi and embraced him warmly. Wow! Just wow! I wanted to ask further, but I chose to restrain myself. I can't believe this is happening. She's right in front of me, in flesh.

"I missed you, papa! I tried to visit you last week, but you were out of town," she said with a pout while still hugging Mr. Choi, tight.

She really missed him.

"What are you doing here, RJ?" asked Mr. Choi.

"I had lunch with my friends, having no idea that you own this restaurant," she said, clasping her hands with her father's arm.

"Guys, this is my Papa, and I think you already know him based on your story earlier," she added.

"Small world," Jisoo chimed in.

"Indeed," Rosie agreed with a smirk directed at me.

"So, are you guys done? You can order more if you'd like, my treat," Uncle generously offered.

"I'm full, Papa, but I'll definitely come back here. The food is great," RJ replied with a satisfied tone in her voice.

"Of course, come anytime you'd like, sweetie. Bring your friends with you," Mr. Choi said, putting his arm around Jennie's shoulder.

I couldn't believe that we had this connection all along. It all made sense now. That's why I felt a strange familiarity with Jennie when we first met. I somehow knew her from our phone conversations when we were kids. Not just typical phone calls but a special bond that had developed for years. Well, at least for me.

Does she remember?

"Lisa" called Mr. Choi.

"This is RJ, your phone pal when you were kids. HAHAHA," he added as he formally introduced me to his only daughter RJ, but does he even need to laugh that loud? This is embarrassing.

"Lili?! Oh my God, Lili, is that you?!" Jennie said covering her mouth with both of her hands and eyes wide open in shock.

Of all things that she will remember why that name? I can see the devil in Rosie's eyes this girl will surely use that name to make fun of me.

"Y-yes, y-ey!" I sarcastically cheer while doing a small clap with an awkward smile. She was about to go towards me maybe for a hug or something, but she hesitated, perhaps considering my previous reaction.

I'm sorry.

"Uh-uhm Uncle, I'm sorry but we have to go now. As much as I wanted to stay, I still have classes to attend. I'll see you later if you're not busy," I said, politely excusing myself but more of escaping from this awkward situation.

"Sure Lili," he replied with a smirk. Teasing me, as always. "Don't make it more awkward uncle," I whined mentally.

"We'll go ahead, uncle!" Rosie said bowing her head. "And Jennie it's nice meeting you, let's hang out some other time," Rosie said shaking Jennie's hand.

As expected, Rosie has been pestering me about Jennie, using "Lili" to make fun of me the entire day.

***

Late afternoon...

Regretting my earlier behavior as I paced back and forth on my room's balcony, I couldn't decide whether to call her to apologize or not. Why did I react that way earlier? I know it's rude, but that unexpected situation caught me off guard. Should I reach out to her? Or just let it be? Do I need to?