Chapter 30 - Best Part

Jennie POV

The other day was the first time we skipped breakfast together. Now, it's our first time eating breakfast without saying anything. All you can hear is the soft sound of our cutlery clinking against our plates. Silence kind of adds tension, I've tried to utter a word but nothing's coming out of my mouth. We're like in the middle of a fast draw game, waiting for the right timing to when you will draw the gun.

"So what about the other night..." she said as she wipes her lips with the table cloth. Lisa won for finally breaking the silence.

"Yeah, about that," now I don't know how to start. I should have said yes last night, and now I don't know how to take it back.

"We are okay, right? That's all that matters to me," she asked with her thick and unsteady voice, showing the exact picture of being worried. Why?

"Yeah, we are. Why would you even think about that anyway?"

"I don't know I kinda feel that I've done something wrong. Look, if this is about me asking you to be officially together...I asked you because I thought you want to... you know? Make it official, official. And I uh I'm not rushing you. It's okay if you don't want to. If you don't want me to ask you again, I won't. Just don't leave me, okay? Please don't break up with me?" she said all in one blow, I blinked twice with my mouth slightly ajar because of it.

Looks like she's been practicing telling me all of it in her mind while we were eating. I pursed my lips to keep myself from smiling, does she really think that I wanted this to end? Call me harsh but it's amusing to watch a cool Lalisa Manoban, being anxious for nothing. So, I kept going.

"Are we really taking this to another level? Are you sure?"

"Of course I am! I am not rushing you if that's what you think. I asked you last night to let you know that I've finally got there and I mean it when I said I --"

"Can we keep it as it is, for now?" I butt in. Damn it, that's not what I'm planning to say.

"Ohh ah yeah, no rush," says Lisa as she look down while fidgeting her thumb on the fork she's holding.

"A-as long as I have you, I am good," she added as she sipped her coffee, looking everywhere but me. Cute hihi.

"Phew...Truth be told I-I thought you were planning to break up with me! That made me anxious the whole time, you know? I... I don't even know how I finished my breakfast," she said and lets out a huge breath as she loosen up her stiff posture. "W-why do you need to keep a straight face, huh? Aish this girl," she added, fanning herself with her hands as she blow another sharp breath. I'm sorry but this scene in front of me is really entertaining.

"Why does it sound like it's my fault? You're assuming things Lili, I don't know where you got that idea."

"You should've cleared that earlier before we start eating. Aish" I can't help but giggle. She's serious about the break-up idea?

"So, are you all set?" she said changing the topic.

"Yep, I already asked Tony to send some of my luggage to our penthouse. I just need to unpack and organize my stuff and I'm all yours this weekend."

"Just this weekend?" she said squinting her eyes on me with a wry smile. I just roll my eyes at her as a response.

"Have you forgotten? You said you're mine that night. "I'm yours, all yours," she said while reenacting that scene making fun of me, bitch! "You're mine every day, okay?" the audacity to claim me! True tho.

"Yah, you want to spend your weekend alone?"

"Are you kidding me? I worked hard to be free this weekend, I won't let it go in to waste. Go, prep yourself up so you could be mine the rest of the weekend."