A Royal Mess | Eren x Reader

Prompt- Baking with Eren

"Oh come on grumpy. You'll have fun. I promise."

"Really? Because all I see is an impending mess."

"Hush. Now, what do we want to bake? Cookies? Brownies? A cake?"

"How about we buy some cookies," Eren replied flatly before you slapped his arm.

"No. The whole point of baking is to make them, idiot. Now, I'm thinking brownies or cookies, do you have a preference.

"Cookies." He grumbled with mocking pain by rubbing his arm.

"Okay."

Eren followed you around the store, pouting like a child the whole time. When the two of you finally got home you dragged him to the kitchen, ordering him to unbag the stuff while you cleaned off the counters and stove. When both of you finished you started baking, telling Eren when and what to measure. He always replied with a huff though you could secretly tell he was warming up to the activity. The more the two of you worked, the more excess ingredients found themselves not inside bowls and more out of the counter.

"Eren!" You huffed as he bumped into you while trying to grab something.

Without thinking you swept your hand along the counter, compiling it to a small pile before grabbing it in a fist and throwing it at Eren. The ingredients splattered on his chest as a bewildered look crossed his face. You immediately gasped, going into a fit of giggles as Eren stood with his mouth open in disbelief.

"Did you just-" Eren watched you cry with laughter before so smirk appeared on his face.

He did the same as you, grabbing the excess on the counters and throwing it at you. This time it was your turn to be stunned as Eren laughed. Moments later a war began. Nothing was off-limits as bowls that once had carefully measured ingredients now laid empty as you and Eren threw everything at each other. Flour and eggs were lost in hair as sugar and baking soda covered clothes. It was a royal mess. The fight only stopped when you ran out of ammo, laying down in the chaos that covered your kitchen while unable to breathe due to laughter. Eren followed suit, stretching out next to you while chuckling.

"See, I told you there would be a mess."

"It's all your fault. Don't blame this on me."

"Oh really? I seem to remember you throwing the first shot."

"Only because you made me!"

You and Eren stuck your tongues out at each other in playful banter.

"But seriously, we've ruined all the ingredients so we can't possibly make anything now."

"And that's why were going to buy instead. Because we clearly cannot bake."

"Y'know this could have been avoided if we, I don't know... bought them in the first place?" Eren said sarcastically as he picked up egg shells. The two of you had eventually gotten up, cleaning yourselves up before tackling the disarray that was once a kitchen.

"Yeah but you had fun. You can't deny that."

"I suppose." He agreed quietly.

In the end it took nearly an hour to clean up, the two of you were exhausted but still went and bought cookies. Eren and you enjoyed them together even if you didn't make them, the memory of you attempt was enough to make up for it.

a/n- the people have spoken, fluff was requested so fluff i delivered. happy early valentines day and remember that i love you!!

<33