Eternal Bliss | Jean x (Exhausted) Reader

Prompt- Reader and Jean are out late and the reader becomes exhausted 

Modern AU

A yawn escaped your mouth as you leaned your head against the car door, only to grumble and pull it back up when the moving car shook your head uncomfortably. Jean wordlessly set his palm on the far side of your face, gently pushing your head onto his shoulder for support. You thanked him with a soft hum, nuzzling in a little more before finally letting sleep take you. When you awake it was to your name being silently whispered, your eyes cracking open just enough to see Jean's soft smile as he once again gently woke you. It took him a minute but after getting out of the car he thanked the driver, his one hand holding yours and the other wrapped around your back for support as he lead you inside. Once you were through the door he let you go, checking the thermostat and turning it up before coming back to you. 

"It's late - we should head to bed, yeah?"

You hummed in agreement, your eyes already starting to drift closed. Jean chuckled before resuming the earlier position with his hand in your while his free one wound behind you as a guide. As promised he lead you directly to your bed, you flopping down immediately. 

"Do you want help getting changed or are you okay?"

"Help," you muttered. 

In all honesty, you probably could've dragged yourself to do it but Jean had a way of making the action seem so loving - not sexual in any way. As you thought he would be, his touches were gentle and light - not crossing into a flirtatious manner. Once he had removed everything he got clothes for you to sleep in, again putting them on as he had taken the previous ones - as reverently and lovingly as possible. When you were finally redressed he pulled back the covers, letting you slip in before pressing a kiss to your forehead. 

"I'll be back in a moment."

You nodded weakly as you felt him step away. True to his word he returned a minute later, wearing nightclothes and ready for bed. When he got under the covers he immediately pull you to him, your back pressed against his chest as he stuffed his face into your neck with a deep inhale. 

"I love you." He whispered into your neck, winding his arms around you and pulling you closer.

"I love you." You whispered back, cherishing the feeling of the eternal bliss you felt. 

a/n- sorry that this short - i think its a cute little glimpse into life with Jean lol. im also hoping for more Jean content soon since i have been neglecting him recently (sorry) - let me know some ideas you have!

im very tired so night night<33