00

a park, 2005

"ow!"

hyerin turned her head, little locks bouncing as she did so, to a boy who was sat on the stone floored playground holding his knee.

she curiously went over to see what was wrong as the other kids minded their own business.

"are you ok?" she asked, seeing the boy's bleeding knee.

"no."

she had a little cross body purse she always carried with her with essential items such as plasters. so, she dug through it to pull out one to give the boy.

"here you go!" she outstretched her hand with a happy smile.

the boy looked at the plaster. "it's hello kitty."

"so?"

"that's for girls!"

she frowned but still held the plaster in his direction. "it doesn't really matter... where's your mum?"

"i don't know." he shrugged.

"let me put the plaster on you. it's bleeding a lot and my uncle told me that if you bleed too much you die."

that clearly got the boy worried so much so he didn't care about it being hello kitty anymore.

"there!" she tapped the plaster on his knee then stood back. "all done!"

he observed it then got up when he was satisfied and stuck out his hand. "thank you."

she shook it. "you're welcome."

"what's your name?" he asked with a bright smile.

"moon hyerin. what's yours?"

"lee donghyuck."