32

༊*·˚ fools

hyerin hadn't had a good night's sleep in days and last night wasn't any different. she woke up twice in the middle of the night after two hours of trying to even get to sleep and by the third time she woke up she just decided to keep herself awake until an hour she felt like getting up.

it was making her nervous.

what did junmin want with donghyuck?

she wanted to ask but she knew that he'd probably close up and become defensive asking why she wanted to know.

as for her uncle, after last night, he grew concerned about her because he knew what happened last time and didn't want a repeat of the events. although, hyerin assured him it wouldn't be like last time because she knew how to control herself now but it still didn't leave him rest assured as anything could happen.

chani texted hyerin that morning asking if she was still up for the dinner later and she texted back saying she was. she'd need to take a nap halfway through the day so she wouldn't fall asleep in her plate of food so she wanted to make sure everything else was done for the day before that.

before everything, she called up myunghee to make sure everything was fine and she's feeling okay. other than feeling grouchy because hyerin woke her up so early and a hangover, she was fine.

then, she had to get herself ready for the weekly therapy session and she packed her bag for skating practice where she'd go right after. today's practice was longer than most other days because next week she'd be gone for the four days because of that school trip meaning she'd be missing out on critical training hours.

after breakfast, she made her way to the bus stop and in the meantime had a phone call with her uncle who was checking in on her as he hadn't seen her in the morning.

there were no words to express how grateful hyerin was for her uncle but at the same time she couldn't help but to feel like his life would be better if she wasn't in it. he always assured her that she was wrong and that she's the best thing that's ever happened to him but it didn't stop her from feeling the way she did. he'd been looking after her as his own since birth and things were easy up until two years ago.

the constant panic attacks, travelling from therapy session to therapy session, being woken up in the middle of the night almost every day then having to stay by her side until she fell asleep again even when he had work earlier that morning. not to mention those trips to the hospital at one or two AM for her when things got really bad. there were many times she'd gone into his office at work and found him asleep on the desk because she'd kept him awake at night. but even after all this, he still showed her a bright smile and act like it didn't affect him when the eye bags were becoming more prominent each day and the dark circles were getting even darker.

nothing she could do for him would ever be enough to show her gratitude towards him for all these years when he didn't have to do any of it. she knew how lucky she was because, unfortunately, not everyone got that kind of support.

a short bus ride later, she was at the doors of her therapist's office and soon enough got started on their hourly session. once finished, she hopped onto a train to the skating rink where mr ha was already waiting for her.

"good afternoon, my lovely!"

his greetings always made her smile.