45

༊*·˚ fools
⚠️mention of alcohol⚠️

hyerin came straight home after her therapy session and myunghee facetimed her for a couple of hours then after that she got ready for the party later about one hour before necessary because she was holding a pre-drinks at her place since her parents were out. dongmin and kiya both showed up as well. in fact they were the ones who'd brought the alcohol.

"shots first?"

"you know you probably shouldn't be drinking a lot before we even get there because of how much of a lightweight you are," dongmin pointed out.

"yes, father." she rolled her eyes and downed the shot.

hyerin did the same followed by dongmin and kiya. after that, they drank some gin.

thirty minutes more of messing around and taking pictures, they set off in dongmin's car. by the time they arrived it was eleven and the party was just warming up.

"look who arrived at the same time as us," myunghee pointed out.

hyerin followed her line of sight to see jeno, jaemin, renjun and donghyuck walking through the front door.

"this seems like it's going to be a pretty interesting night," kiya mumbled as they got out the car.

hyerin had an uneasy feeling. she couldn't tell if it was because of the last few days or because of the alcohol she'd had already. she hadn't been used to drinking different alcohol so this was a start.

twenty minutes in and kiya and myunghee had split from the other two but hyerin had pleaded for dongmin not to leave her alone so they went into the kitchen to grab a drink and snacks instead. the alcohol selection was crazy - he had everything and different brands of each so he'd easily spent a good amount of money on drinks alone. then again, everyone at this school had money so it wasn't an issue.

"you alright?"

she snatched a quick glance at dongmin to make sure he was talking to her before reaching for a cup. "yeah, what makes you ask that?"

"you seem different."

"i'm fine. just tired," she answered.

it wasn't a lie but it also wasn't the whole truth.

"which one of these do you want to try first?"

"give me whatever you're having."

she didn't even know what he'd poured her but it wasn't a good taste and the face she pulled after having a sip made him laugh.

"okay give it to me and get yourself something else."

she handed him her cup and lamely just got water instead then they left the kitchen and headed back to where everyone was. myunghee and kiya were in a corner talking so they joined.

"what's that?"

before dongmin could answer, myunghee snatched the cup from his hand and took a sip then another and handed it back to him.

"kiya and i are going to dance then probably catch some fresh air," she announced yelling so she could be heard over the music.

they left then dongmin went to talk with someone from the basketball team and the conversation was getting too long for hyerin so she excused herself to go to the bathroom.

she had no idea if there was one downstairs and she couldn't find hyunjin to ask where the bathroom and she was getting desperate so she knocked on all the doors and opened them until she got to the bathroom then locked herself inside.