18

༊*·˚ fools

"what's he doing here?" hyerin nodded to donghyuck standing against the wall at the other end of the room on his phone.

both jaemin and jeno peeked over their shoulders then looked back at her.

"forget about him. do you want me to take you home?" jaemin suggested.

"if you wouldn't mind..." she mumbled, looking down at her bandaged hand.

"let's go." he, gently, placed a hand on the centre of her back as she hopped off the bed. "are you going back to yours with hyuck?"

renjun nodded. "i'll see you tomorrow."

"take care."

him and hyerin walked out and she became alarmed when donghyuck grabbed her arm to stop her.

"you okay?"

he had the softest look on his face and his tone was the sweetest he's used to address her in the past two years. she almost didn't recognise him.

"fine." she shrugged him off and continued walking.

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

monday morning hyerin was re-enacting everything that had happened at the party to myunghee and dongmin.

"by the time i was leaving the hospital, donghyuck gripped my arm asking if i was okay and he seemed genuinely concerned. i said i was fine and walked away," she finished.

myunghee and dongmin were both in shock and lost for words for a solid minute.

"what the fuck?" were the first ones that came out myunghee's. "wait, can you write and stuff?"

"yeah. i'm left-handed, remember?"

myunghee had forgotten.

"at least he wasn't verbally abusing you," dongmin mumbled.

hyerin scoffed as they stepped inside the hallway. "yeah, bare minimum after i've just gotten my hand sliced open."

at lunch, hyerin went to play football with the guys she always played with who all questioned what'd happened to her hand. it was probably the millionth time she'd been asked that question and the millionth time she was explaining.

"take care of yourself, yeah?" one of the taller guys patted her back and gave a wink before jogging off back to the game after she decided to leave and sit with her friends for a while.

"are you skating today?" myunghee questioned.

"i should be. but i have to go home to grab my shoes then go to the ice rink. why?"

she shrugged. "curiosity."

"how long do you need to have that bandaged?" dongmin asked to change the subject.

"two weeks, i think."

myunghee spoke up. "did you see who pushed you?"