13

༊*·˚ fools

what time do you plan on coming over?
10:02

donghyuck
2pm
11:36

hyerin groaned and threw her phone to her bed discarding it and going downstairs to her uncle making some cookies in the kitchen while drinking a tub (a large mug) of coffee.

"he's coming over at 2," she informed.

"you don't look too pleased."

"i have no reason to be."

he chuckled.

"would you stop that?" she groaned.

"here, have some cookie dough." he gave her a little mug with a spoon. "i put some aside for you before i start to mould them."

"thank you. are you doing anything later?"

"no, but if you want the house to yourselves i can go for a walk," he said and placed a tray of cookies in the oven.

"no, i'd rather you stay home." she had a spoonful of the cookie dough. "i'm going to mentally prepare myself, see you later."

he laughed. "bye bye."

eventually, much to her dismay, the time came for him to arrive. then five minutes passed, ten, ten turned into twenty. she was halfway down the stairs when there was a knock on the door. she took a breath before skipping down the remaining steps and opening the door.

"you're late."

"i'm sorry. my sister needed help with something," he mumbled. "... can i come in?"

she moved out of the way then closed the door behind him.

"donghyuck! long time no see, kid."

he bowed. "hello, mr-"

"jaehyung," her uncle corrected with a soft smile. "just call me jaehyung." he turned to hyerin. "i remembered i need to do something so i'm going to head out but i'll be back soon. i left some cookies in the kitchen so help yourselves. they're really good, by the way." he patted donghyuck's back as he left and when the door closed, she spoke up.

"can we do it in my room and get it over and done with so you can leave?"

"i wouldn't have it any other way."

she went up the stairs first then he followed suit into her room.

"have you done any work since we were last together?"

a stupid question but a question nonetheless.

"no."

"figured," she mumbled and grabbed her stuff off the desk so he could work there. "you can use my laptop and i'll be on my phone looking up stuff so we can put the information together."

he nodded and did as she said.

to be honest, as much as he didn't like hyerin's presence, he didn't want to go home so he kind of wanted to drag out staying at hers for a little longer just so he could be away from home.