02

༊*·˚ fools

when school finished for the day, hyerin met her two friends by the school gates so they could all get into dongmin's car at the same time. it was said he didn't receive any punishment from the principal about the car because he'd been forthcoming about it and his good reputation helped. to celebrate, they went out for a karaoke session together in itaewon.

"i don't know this song!" hyerin panicked when myunghee was tugging her off the couch.

"doesn't matter! they debuted a few months ago anyway i don't know them that well either!" she exclaimed.

hyerin had no choice but to join her then they also forced dongmin to sing with them, too. myunghee had to drag him off the couch and it wasn't easy considering he was a six foot tall basketball player that liked the gym and had a lot of muscle mass. he basically towered over them even though they were at most fifteen centimetres shorter than him.

"wasn't that fun?" myunghee gasped when they got outside. "we should do that again sometime soon."

"yeah but i don't want to hear your cat-on-the-chalkboard voice attempting to do one of baekhyun-sunbaenim's high notes again," dongmin reported and threw her bag he'd been carrying at her.

hyerin laughed at his comment, only proving it to be true.

"you guys are such nice friends." myunghee gave them a fake smile before descending the steps first.

"ay, let's go!"

hyerin's head snapped at the group of boys entering a different karaoke place on the opposite street. donghyuck's group. he really liked singing so they'd frequent karaoke places often when they were younger. hearing him sing was like an angel's voice. she may hate his guts but she couldn't deny he had that as a talent. that and dancing.

myunghee turned her head back at hyerin who looked away and pushed her cherry-coloured hair over her shoulder, clearing her throat and descending the steps.

"are we just going to stand here or...?" hyerin questioned to her two friends.

"no. obviously not." myunghee started walking and both followed behind.

hyerin checked the window of the karaoke place donghyuck had entered and saw him laughing with the guys. jaemin, renjun and jeno weren't in sight so it was probably some of his other "friends". she scoffed at herself how he thought these people could be his friends and weren't just using him for his school popularity and money.

"so, i feel like having ramen," myunghee spoke. "you guys?" she started walking backwards.

"i don't think you should be walking backwards," dongmin mumbled but she ignored his comment and looked at hyerin.

"convenience store ramen sounds good to me!" hyerin enthused.

both dongmin and hyerin's eyes widened at the bike coming towards her and she wasn't even aware. thankfully, dongmin had quick reaction time and reached out to her pulling her into his chest as the bike zoomed by.

"what the fu-" she shoved herself off him, brushing her button-up. "what was that for?!"

hyerin turned her head away from them to hide her forming grin.

"would you prefer to be run over by a bike?" dongmin's eyes narrowed at her.

"maybe," she scoffed. "anyways, let's go."

the pair of three friends ran down through the streets of itaewon right after sunset earning a few glances from the public but they didn't care. since they came here often, they had a favourite convenience store they went to and consumed the ramen pots on the tables outside. afterwards, they each smoked a cigarette before getting into dongmin's car.

hyerin lived the closest so she was the first one to be dropped off.

"goodnight! see you tomorrow! tell your uncle i said hi!" myunghee chanted from inside the vehicle as she waved hyerin off.

dongmin did a little wave with an awkward smile before driving off.

hyerin stepped through the front door only to be greeted with her uncle descending the stairs with a cup of coffee and newspaper in hand.

at the sound of the door closing, he glanced up and flashed a smile at his niece. "good evening. how was your day at school?"

"same old." she shrugged. "myunghee says hi."

her uncle let out a little chuckle. "your food is in the microwave. i need to head to the office."

she frowned. "what time will you come back?"

"don't wait for me to come home for you to sleep." he slipped some papers into his briefcase and pressed a quick but loving kiss to her forehead. "byebye." he left her alone.

alone with the cat.

jeju, the brown and white tabby cat, pranced into the hallway from the kitchen and rubbed herself against hyerin's legs.

hyerin wasn't hungry yet so she headed up to do some homework at her desk playing some japanese show in the back to improve her japanese and once she was finished she placed everything in her school bag for the following day. by that time, she went downstairs to heat up the food her uncle had left her and ate leaning on the kitchen counter while scrolling through her phone.

she'd found some pictures worth posting of herself but she flickered between them wondering if they were good enough or not. myunghee always took good pictures of her so there was no reason for her to hesitate.

after careful decisions, she picked three pictures and wrote some random caption before clicking the "post" button and chucking her phone away from her.

she went for a shower to pass the time before she looked at her phone and when she picked it up she saw notifications of likes and comments – the usual – but another popped up.

@lee_dhyuck has requested to follow you

it'd been sent five minutes ago and she was hesitating to even click on the notification. why did he want to follow her all of a sudden? two years where all he'd said to her were less than kind words so was he going to harass her online, too?

nevertheless, curiosity got the best of her and she allowed him to follow and requested to follow him back. he accepted almost in an instant and she took a look at his profile. selfies and boyfriend pictures, mostly. same as her. his follower ratio was different to her – she had a few five hundred yet he was in his one thousands.

just a second or so later, she got a new comment under her recent post and this captured her eye particularly because of who'd sent it.

@lee_dhyuck commented: your hair colour looks nice (:

she stared at it for a solid minute not even blinking because she couldn't believe.

what the actual fuck?

she liked the comment and put her phone on her bedside table, deciding to go to sleep early.

<3
thoughts and opinions, again?