24

༊*·˚ fools

"are you sure you don't mind me going out on saturday and having a sleepover?" hyerin worried with her uncle. "i know what day saturday is and-"

he waved his hand around in a dismissive manner. "don't worry about it," he smiled. "i'll be fine. i have plans to just stay in and do office work with a glass of red wine."

she frowned.

"hyerin, come on, i'm the adult here. i don't need supervision, i'll be fine. if i must then i'll text you an hourly report," he, jokingly, suggested.

"yes. do that. i'm going to shower."

"i have to go back to the office." he picked his phone off the counter. "don't wait on me for dinner tonight i can sense it's going to be long today." he rolled his eyes. "see you later." he pressed a kiss to her forehead and ruffled her hair before heading out the door and leaving hyerin alone with the cat.

"looks like it's just me and you today, jeju."

the cat meowed in response.

for the rest of the evening, she gamed with dongmin and other people online then made something quick to eat and went into her room to crochet and catch up on her favourites' content that she'd missed before heading to sleep.

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

donghyuck didn't show up to school on friday. at all. the guys appeared confused about his absence which just made the situation even more strange. hyerin took a mental note of that before continuing with her day.

"what do you say about coming to bubblegum tonight?" myunghee suggested.

"don't count on me. i'm too tired to go out tonight," hyerin mumbled.

"you?" she nodded to dongmin.

"i'm also a little tired."

she moved on to kiya.

"i'll go."

myunghee's face lit up. "are you being for real?"

kiya enthusiastically nodded her head.

"okayyy," myunghee dragged out the 'y'. "since you both don't want to come tonight, what about that picnic we were talking about three or four weeks ago we haven't done?"

"for sunday?" hyerin suggested, looking around the group.

"sunday's fine with me," dongmin confirmed.

"am i invited?" kiya questioned.

"of course, you're part of our group now." hyerin gave the girl a smile.

a smile kiya reflected like a mirror. "i should be able to attend."

"cool!" myunghee clasped her hands together. "i'll be in charge of the food, kiya can take the drinks and hyerin can do desserts?"

the other two girls nodded.

"what about me?" dongmin questioned, confused.