39

༊*·˚ fools

when she got back into the room, donghyuck was fast asleep, snoring soundly and occupying the majority of the bed so she decided to stay awake and shower. by the time she was finished getting ready, it was six and breakfast was being served so she took the opportunity of having an empty dining hall and the food being fresh out the kitchen. 

there was a variety of options and hyerin took one of each to try them all. besides that, she didn't know when lunch would be and she didn't have any snacks laying around.

by the time she was back in their room, that's when the majority of the others were waking up. donghyuck? he was still fast asleep in the bed. he'd never been much of a morning person so hyerin was happy at least that part of him hadn't changed either.

none of her friends were awake either because they too were night owls apart from dongmin so she sent him a message to hang out. she needed to speak with him about the other two anyway.

"i'm surprised you're awake so early," he mumbled when he greeted her. 

"i couldn't sleep," she admitted. 

dongmin's face fell and his lips curved into a frown. he knew that whenever she "couldn't sleep" it was because of the nightmares. 

"you okay?"

"trying." she let out a frustrated sigh. "anyways, have you had breakfast?"

he nodded. "have you?"

she nodded. "good. now let's go for a walk."

the two friends walked for a while talking about minor, unimportant things to keep the conversation going. 

"how's sharing a room with donghyuck?" he questioned. 

"it's... okay. i don't mind it. i don't think he does either. i guess we just act like either of us aren't there," she admitted. 

he let out a breath. "why don't you talk to him?"

"about what?"

"something. anything."

"i can barely talk to him without him bursting into flames." she snorted. 

"why don't you try to find out what got you in this position anyways?"

they stopped at a crossing point. "you think i havent tried?"

he pressed the button. "try harder. try to get it out of him. stand your ground if he starts snapping."

hyerin kept her lips sealed and they changed the conversation topic. 

the two friends walked around for a little while until a message was sent to their group chat from myunghee asking their whereabouts so they headed back to the hotel. 

she met donghyuck on her way past the dining area - they brushed past each other with little regard to one another that it even made renjun look at them weirdly. 

"what was that?" he questioned to donghyuck.

"what was what?" he muttered.