12

༊*·˚ fools

friday evening came around and myunghee was at hyerin's place whoring herself up – as she called it – to get ready for the club. dongmin was unable to go, he'd texted their group chat an hour prior, and it made hyerin wary of going.

"nothing bad is going to happen to you, ok? first of all, you can kick ass. second of all, if you freeze, i'll kick ass for you," myunghee assured.

hyerin snickered. "you'll leave me as soon as we enter the doors of the club. but it's fine, don't worry."

she'd come to the conclusion that she needed to woman up. dongmin wasn't going to be at every party that she attended so she needed to learn to be by herself and be comfortable.

the girls took an uber to the club and it was situated in a nice place in the city, unsurprisingly. the club had a queue outside of about twenty people which made hyerin's eyebrows shoot up. it seemed to be more popular than she expected.

"this is about to be so cool!" myunghee rubbed her hands together as they joined the back of the queue.

she went through the effort of making herself look nice: a white, open-back dress, some makeup and almost a whole bottle of perfume. hyerin had on a gold, shimmery top and some distressed jeans with some nike sneakers and the extent of her makeup was the usual eyeliner and lip gloss. similar to what other girls her age were wearing.

upon entry at the club, the music was so loud that she couldn't even hear myunghee talking when she was right beside her. the neon lights were flickering in their eyes too so they needed to stand in a better place.

"i'm recognising so many people," mgunghee told her. "she's from my class. she's also from my class. that's one of the basketball players." she went around pointing to everyone she recognised before a song she loved came on and she took hyerin's hand to join her on the dance floor.

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

like hyerin had suspected, myunghee left her to go and have fun. she didn't even have a complaint because myunghee was having a really good time and that's what mattered to her. besides, hyerin was now growing in confidence and realising that she was capable of being by herself for a few minutes.

maybe she really was just paranoid.

then again, couldn't blame her.

occasionally when a song she liked came on, she would dance to it with a random group of girls her age. the thing about the club was that people might not know each other but within the first minute of meeting they were grinding against each other shamlessly.

"hey!"

myunghee was half drunk.

"i was looking for you!" she shouted.

"i was dancing." hyerin pointed her thumb over her shoulder signalling to the girls from before.

"good!" myunghee giggled.

"how much have you had to drink?"

"not enough."

of course she'd say something like that.