21

༊*·˚ fools

"so you and kiya seemed pretty close." hyerin nudged myunghee with a grin as they walked down the street to the train station.

"don't start," myunghee mumbled.

hyerin raised her hands above her head in defense. "i didn't assume anything. i just wanted to know what you're thinking."

"i'm not thinking about anything."

"that's nothing new, is it?" hyerin teased earning a shove from her best friend.

"shut up." myunghee anxiously raked a hand through her hair. "i don't think she's into it so," she shrugged, "i'm not going to make any advances."

hyerin hummed at her response as they entered the train station.

"take care of yourself, bitch." myunghee gave her a hug and hyerin hugged her back, tightly.

"and you."

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

on saturday, dongyoung picked hyerin up after her weekly therapy session straight to the gangnam place they were going to eat at. upon arrival, a couple of the boys were already there but half were still absent so they conversed until everyone was present.

"is donghyuck coming?"

"he should be."

"hyerin's with us."

"dongyoung invited her after we'd decided to get together."

"well, he's late as it is so..."

hyerin stopped eavesdropping into the conversation and looked back at the front door that was opening.

"lee hyuck! you finally made it fifteen minutes after everyone else!" jungwoo commented.

he met eyes with her before she turned back around to eye the menu. donghyuck took his seat down the table.

"are you okay with him being here?" dongyoung whispered to her.

"of course. why wouldn't i be?" she scoffed. "anyways, what are you eating?"

over the course of the dinner, donghyuck only gave her a couple of glances. when yuta went outside with jungwoo and taeyong, hyerin followed knowing that they'd left for a cigarette and she'd need one since it'd been a while.

jaehyun came out a minute later with donghyuck behind him.

hyerin was shocked to see him lighting the tip of the cigarette while keeping the other half between his lips.

he took slow steps to stand beside her.

"since when do you smoke?"

"since when is that any of your business?"

his lips curved into a smirk as some of the smoke clouded above him.

"you're not going to say anything back? cat got your tongue tonight? about time." she grinned.

"you've gotten bold lately. talking back to me. what's gotten into you?" he tempted, putting one hand by her head on the wall.