04

༊*·˚ fools

"what are you thinking about?"

hyerin shook the thoughts out of her head. "how otters hold each other's hands when they sleep so they don't drift apart from each other." she looked at myunghee with her books out. "what are you doing?"

"work," she scoffed.

hyerin arched a brow at dongmin who gave her the look of "don't look at me, i don't know". myunghee only studied at home because anywhere else was too distracting so this was news for both of them.

"i'm going to get another banana milk," hyerin informed her friends before rising out of her seat and walking to the lunch queue. it was empty but after taking her banana milk she looked around at the left over snacks and took two steps back.

she shouldn't had done that because as soon as she did, a plastic plate clamoured onto the floor and she immediately whipped around after hearing a gasp.

the clamour had echoed on the wooden floor so now everyone was looking at them.

hyerin covered her mouth as she looked at the state of the girl in front of her.

"oh my, god– i'm so sorry."

the food had stained all over the front of her white blouse and dripped off her blue skirt with some on her white shoes.

when hyerin looked up to see if she could recognise the girl, she was even more horrified when she saw it to be donghyuck's girlfriend.

way to make things ten times worse...

"thanks... a lot!" the girl shrieked and ran out of the cafeteria.

myunghee and dongmin darted over to a concerned hyerin who'd frozen herself in place.

"are you okay?"

"clearly! i'm not the one who got food splashed all on me," she responded and took her bag from dongmin's hand.

following donghyuck's girlfriend out the cafeteria was him, jeno and some other guy she couldn't name. she took a glimpse over at their table and encountered jaemin looking at her with an uneasy expression but she gave him a tigh-lipped smile in assurance she was fine and paid for the banana milk.

"let's get out of here," she told her two friends and the trio left the cafeteria.

"that was..." myunghee mumbled. "oh, by the way, her name is park gina. just in case you were curious."

hyerin, dongmin and myunghee all sat in different steps on their usual staircase outside the courtyard. today, the boys were playing football and she admired them, eyes on the ball at all times.

one of the guys noticed her and breathlessly jogged over to one of his team members, gesturing to hyerin while talking to the guy before he jogged over to the end of the staircase they were sitting on.

"aren't you the girl who played with us last time?" he asked, one eye closed because of the sun in his face.

she nodded. "that would be me."

"do you want to play with us again?"

dongmin and myunghee turned to her.

"are you guys going to play?"

they shook their heads.

"nope, but we'll be your number one supporters from the sidelines!" myunghee exclaimed. "go!"

hyerin sprinted down the steps after discarding her blazer knowing she'd get warm from the running around and tied her hair into a low bun to keep it out of her face as she jogged beside the other guy to the centre of the pitch.