36

༊*·˚ fools

on monday, hyerin and friends were lined up with the other kids outside waiting for the coaches to take them on their residential trip.

"i wonder how big the rooms are. who our roommates are going to be..." myunghee thought aloud.

"we should be finding out soon enough," dongmin explained, looking onwards to see if he could spot any teachers.

hyerin had kept an eye out for donghyuck so she could pay him back for saturday yet she still hadn't seen him.

"myunghee! your hair looks so nice!"

that and another five variations of that comment had been said by seven other people in the half an hour they'd been at school. myunghee had a lot of other friends - she socialised with a lot of different people - so naturally a lot of people would come up to her even in hallways just to catch up.

"isn't that him over there?" kiya nodded to behind hyerin.

she turned her neck to take a glimpse.

lee donghyuck and the gang had arrived.

"i'll be back." she left her bag with them and went to talk to donghyuck. "hey..."

he glanced down at her without saying anything.

"hey, rin!" jaemin greeted her. "you excited?"

"somewhat."

she faced donghyuck again as she reached into her pocket and pulled out some paper bills.

"for saturday."

he glanced at the money. "keep it."

"take it."

"i don't want your money," he spoke, a little more sternly, bringing the diet coke drink to his lips.

she slipped it back into her pocket and before she could leave, renjun got her attention.

"are you sitting with us?"

"i'm gonna sit with my friends. maybe on the way back?"

he nodded. "see you then."

she took a glimpse at donghyuck before going back to the three others.

during the bus ride, they sat in pairs behind each other and played a few games between them on their phones together then gossiped about the latest kpop drama. myunghee always kept up with it since she had a pretty decent following on an instagram fan account so she was always filled in.

upon arrival at their hotel, the lead teacher went to sign everyone in and grab the room keys before he gathered everyone in the lobby to announce roommates.

"i hope we're roommates," myunghee whispered to hyerin. "we probably won't be, though."

hyerin chuckled.

"so, to make things easier, you guys are going to be roommates with your partners for the project."

hyerin blinked once then twice to make sure she'd heard right.