10

༊*·˚ fools

donghyuck was in the dance studio the next day again but he was taking a break sat on the floor with his head tilted back and lips slightly parted as his chest rose and fell.

she was about to walk past until she stopped in her tracks when a specific song came on.

it was one she hadn't heard in a while.

"i like this song."

"yeah?" he turned the volume up a little louder. "so do i, actually. one of my favourites."

"funny you say that." hyerin crossed her arms with a little smile on her face. "it's one of my favourite, too."

the chorus came and they both looked at each other as they each sang a line.

"the distance and the time between us."

"it'll never change my mind."

"'cause baby, I would die for you."

"baby, I would die for you, yeah."

she fell back onto her bed. "the lyrics to this song..."

"are exactly how i feel about you."

she shot up from her bed to see him on her desk chair in front of her bed. "is it, lee hyuck?"

"i would die for you," he said in the most simple tone as the song carried on in the background. "and i mean it. we may not always have our best moments but i'll always stay by your side."

"i'd die for you, too, you know... life isn't worth living anymore if you're not around."

he attacked her with a hug making her fling back onto the bed and they started a tickle fight.

"what a lie that turned out to be," she mumbled with a scoff as she watched donghyuck looking like he was in a daze at the song.

maybe he was thinking of her, too.

she scoffed again. of course he wasn't thinking of her.

since it was lunch, she headed into the cafeteria and myunghee was absent because she had an appointment so it was just her and dongmin. they weren't in the cafeteria long since they were speedy eaters.

just as hyerin was grabbing her stuff to leave, she checked over her shoulder and, out of habit, peered over at the table.

donghyuck scanned the cafeteria with his usual unimpressed, resting bitch-face until his eyes landed on hers and stopped. she could barely see his eyes due to his dark hair being overgrown but it looked nice on him. it was a shaggy mullet that suited him.

"should we go...?"

she snapped out of her thoughts and broke eye contact with him to accompany dongmin to the courtyard.

there, they took their usual seats by the stone stairs to overlook the guys below playing football.

"let's play some football together," he suggested noticing that his friend seemed a little sadder than usual.