28

༊*·˚ fools

after a two-hour gaming session with dongmin, hyerin sat under the covers with her laptop on her lap and scrolled through spotify to clean up some of the playlists – remove songs, add songs, delete playlists etc. she took a quick glance over to her friend activity and saw that donghyuck was on there. her eyes peered down at what song he was listening to and it belonged to the playlist they had collaborated on.

he was listening to close as strangers by 5 seconds of summer. one of her current favourite songs.

she clicked on his profile and went to look at his playlists.

his profile picture was an 'aesthetic' picture they'd taken a couple years prior. the picture was pinterest worthy so they'd plastered it everywhere and he'd made it his spotify profile pic. it meant he hadn't touched it in three years.

it made her smile for some reason.

beside her, her phone lit up with a message from the boys' group chat.

chenle
what are u doing this weekend rin

she typed back a response.

busy on sat

chenle
busy doing what?? 🤨🤨🤨
jk
what about sunday?

nothing on sunday
what are u planning?

chenle
nothing
me n the guys have a pizza night on saturday
hyuck said he was gonna be late idk about that
r u sure you can't come??

she didn't know what time she was going to be finished with donghyuck and his siblings so she couldn't answer. besides that, he was going to be there and she figured the atmosphere would be tense and she didn't want that for the guys.

i'll think about it
then i'll get back to you

jaemin joined the conversation.

jaem
is it because of donghyuck?
i can talk to him if so
6/7 want you to come and that beats 1/7, no?? (:

she couldn't help but to smile again.

i'll think about it
goodnight guys

chenle
gn (:

jaemin
goodnight

even jeno came online to wish her goodnight too.

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

hyerin skipped her way into school the following morning and myunghee and dongmin shared a look when they saw that she looked a little happier than before. they asked but she shrugged it off by saying she woke up in a good mood but when jisung and renjun walked past greeting her with a head nod and smile, their questions were answered.

"it's been a while, have you thought about the pizza night?" jaemin questioned her during physical education.

she chuckled. "it's not even been a day?"