46

༊*·˚ fools

she was regretting her decision of drinking more than she could handle.

not because she was throwing up - that only happened the next morning - but because this was exactly what had led her to the situation she was in last time.

currently, she was in the bathroom and struggling to flush the water. her head was killing her because any movements she made, whether drastic or not, would make her feel woozy. at least she was right next to a toilet if anything.

after splashing her face with water, she leaned against the door. her uncle would not be impressed if she came home in this state.

she checked the time on her phone.

it was 1:24am so there was no way the party was going to finish any time soon.

hyerin sighed and left the bathroom seeing she'd created a queue of two people waiting to use it and she tried to walk straight but failed miserably and instead she just sat on the top of the stairs with her head in her hands.

what a shitty decision she'd made.

an eternity later (or what felt like it), she heard someone call her name but it was barely audible over the deathly loud music.

"hyerin." the person placed their hand on her shoulder.

it was renjun.

"renjunnn."

he gave her a soft smile. "how much have you had to drink?"

"i don't even know..." she confessed.

"let's get you home."

she didn't even argue with him. that was exactly what she wanted anyway.

"come on." he helped her up and placed an arm around her putting most of her weight onto him because otherwise she would've fell down the stairs immediately.

the sudden hit of fresh air was good for her once they got outside. it was healthy.

he walked her down the pavement until they reached a group of boys.

they were jaemin, jeno and donghyuck.

she didn't even want to look at them given her state.

"she was sat on the stairs," renjun explained. "are you going to take her home?"

"i'll drop her off." it was donghyuck. "give her to me."

"am i a doll to be tossed around by all of you? i can walk just fine," she huffed and let go of renjun.

she placed a hand on the hood of the car to hold herself up.

"i'll take jeno and renjun home," jaemin announced.

"you guys are leaving, too?"

"yeah, i'm tired and i have an early shift tomorrow at work," jeno responded, scratching his head.

"so do i," added renjun.

the boys dapped each other up as a goodbye and the three others walked further down since jaemin had parked his car elsewhere.

now it was just her and donghyuck.

she looked at him and, although she couldn't see things clearly, she saw his features perfectly. she could see how his chocolate eyes were sparkling as if there were diamonds. she'd always loved his eyes.

"can you get inside the passenger's side?"

she went to walk then stopped because the whole world was spinning and donghyuck placed an arm out behind her in case she was to fall. he opened the door for her and placed his hand on the top of the ceiling to make sure she didn't accidentally hit her head before he slid into the driver's side.