44

༊*·˚ fools

hyerin spent the night after donghyuck had come to pick her up thinking about what chani had told her and if she was going to tell donghyuck. she should tell someone but he would go off the rails if he found out.

it's as if she wouldn't if her sibling told her she'd been harassed. hell, chani wasn't even related to her but in that moment she was willing to give the guy a couple of punches. she couldn't believe something like that had happened to the girl but it explained why she was acting a little strange during that night they went to the restaurant together.

she only wished she could have the courage to do the same for herself.

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

a couple of days passed and it was thursday and hyerin was going on a walk to get some of the 10k steps in but also to just clear her head. she wasn't too far from dongyoung's café which she planned to go to afterwards.

she walked around a shopping centre doing some window shopping then walked around the streets doing even more window shopping.

when the time came, she made her way to dongyoung's café.

but then she stopped.

because she saw him standing outside a karaoke house with a group of boys and laughing. that evil laugh that resonated in her ears and suddenly it became everything she could hear. everything became too loud and she had to cover her ears with her hands and sit on a step close by because she started to feel uneasy and lightheaded.

"are you okay?" a random passerby asked, touching her shoulder.

she gave them a sweet smile. "just felt a little faint, i'm okay thank you."

they left after that and hyerin picked up her bag from beside her and scurried off as quickly as she could because her breaths were rapidly increasing as well as her heart rate and she knew what was coming.

thankfully, dongyoung's café was two minutes away at the rate she was walking and she almost collapsed as soon as she made it through the door.

her chest started to tighten and feel painful, her legs were also shaking she feared they'd give in and she'd collapse soon enough but thanfkully she didn't.

"hyerin-" dongyoung stepped out from behind the counter to stand beside her. "are you okay? what's wrong?"

"i'm having a panic attack and i didn't know where else to go," she admitted.

dongyoung took her to a more private place in the café and renjun had seen what was going on so he left all his stuff at the table and went to aid her.

hyerin's symptoms only got worse because now she was sweating so dongyoung had removed her blazer and she felt dizzy so she had her head down and eyes closed.

"go, i'll look after her," renjun told dongyoung.

he sat beside her for moral support and tried to get her to look at him so he could do the 5-4-3-2-1 grounding technique. it worked for him so he wanted to see if it worked for her, too. thankfully, she calmed down but her heart was still racing, her hands were trembling and chest was hurting but at least the dizziness had gone away.