23

༊*·˚ fools

"so, what do you say?"

hyerin was hesitant to accept his invite to lotte world mostly because donghyuck was staring in their direction from the other side of the field looking unimpressed.

"i'll... go."

jaemin's expression completely changed demeanour and his lips curved into a big smile.

"i'll look forward to seeing you there."

"guys! can you save the chat for the end of the lesson?"

both of them giggled as they went back to the game still leaving donghyuck curious as to what that interaction was about.

"you might want to close your mouth before a fly goes in," his partner pointed out with a playful grin.

his attention focused on the guy whose goofy expression had altered as soon as donghyuck's cold stare landed on him.

"shut up." with that, he walked off to exchange places with their opponent pair.

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

during lunch, hyerin walked past the music practice rooms to find that same brown-haired boy in the practice room dancing to some new kpop release. for a second, she was completely mesmerised by the way his body flowed so freely and every movement was done so perfectly as if he'd been born dancing. he looked so at peace even though the choreography was so intense.

hyerin came back to reality by softly shaking her head before walking in the direction of the cafeteria only to see myunghee and dongmin sauntering out of it.

"hello! join us." myunghee hooked her arm with hyerin's and they pranced to the courtyard together to sit by the steps and eat lunch there. a lot of other students were doing the same since the sun was starting to come out and it was becoming warmer.

"where's kiya?"

"football practice. her coach asked them to be there today because i think there's an upcoming game," myunghee replied, looking at the guys playing down below. "you should play with them."

"let me eat lunch first." she held up her chocolate milk.

myunghee smiled at her friend then her attention went to something behind her and the twinkle in her eyes disappeared as she glanced back down at her lap.

hyerin cocked her head to see what was behind her that was making myunghee so upset but then she saw it was dongmin laughing with another girl.

"myunghee, what's going on?" she cooed.

she shrugged. "i don't know. i honestly don't know." she ran a hand through her hair.

hyerin gave myunghee a bread smile before finishing up her chocolate milk.

"did i tell you jaemin asked for me to go with him and the guys to lotte world this weekend?"

myunghee's eyes lit up. "are you being for real?"

"yeah, i couldn't make something like this up." she laughed. "he said he and the guys had been talking and they wanted to spend some time with me without donghyuck. so he's not invited."