43

༊*·˚ fools
⚠️mention of sexual assualt and harassment⚠️

"so, there's a party this weekend," myunghee announced to the table during lunch.

hyerin looked up from her phone where she was deciding what pictures to post on her instagram from the skating competition.

"whose party?"

"hyunjin. open house so anyone can come," she explained. "it's on saturday."

"i'll go," dongmin stated.

"yeah, me too," kiya agreed.

all three of them turned to hyerin awaiting a response.

she shrugged her shoulders. "okay, i'll go."

instantly, that put a smile on myunghee's face.

just as hyerin was typing a caption for her post, she felt a presence beside her and when she looked up she was met with jaemin's kind eyes and warm smile.

"hey," he greeted everyone at the table before turning to hyerin again. "may we talk?"

she blinked, confused, but then cleared her throat and picked her bag off the floor. "sure. i'll see you guys after school."

they waved her off and she exited the cafeteria with jaemin by her side.

"how are you?"

"i'm pretty good, thank you. you?"

"pretty good, too."

they walked out to where some guys were playing football and sat on a stone bench.

"i don't think i spoke to you a lot during the tournament but i want to say that i'm really happy and proud of you. i don't know how much those words mean coming out of my mouth to you but they're sincere," he admitted in a soft tone.

she grinned. "thank you, jaem," there was the nickname, "but i don't think you called me here to talk about the tournament."

"you're right, you're right. i came to talk about donghyuck."

hyerin tensed. "jaemin, i-"

he raised his hand as a sign for her to be quiet. "just hear me out, please."

she let out a breath and allowed him to continue.

"please give him a chance-"

"did he send you here to speak to me?"

jaemin gave her a look. "do you honestly think that if donghyuck had something to say to you he wouldn't say it himself?"

he raised a good point. donghyuck never had anyone be his messenger; if he needed to tell someone something he would do it himself.

"he doesn't know what happened- we don't know what happened but he's honestly sorry for not having been there when you needed him. he's thought about it and we've all noticed he's a little quieter these days so he's been thinking a lot. he's always found it difficult to communicate how he feels and what's going on inside his head but he's trying. i can see he really regrets how much of a dick he's been to you so take this into consideration and do what you find is best."