22

༊*·˚ fools

later that evening after skating and hanging out with her friends to eat pizza, she was sat cross-legged on her bed typing up an instagram caption with her crochet stuff disregarded in front of her. she clicked on the 'post' button and chucked her phone aside for a couple of minutes like she always did when she posted and went back to crocheting another square while watching netflix.

when she picked up her phone again, there was a notification from him.

@lee_dhyuck liked your post.

@lee_dhyuck commented: you look good

she blinked once. then twice. by then, myunghee was spamming her messages.

*sent 7 messages*
WHAT IS THIS???????????

all of them were the screenshots of donghyuck's comment.

idek

she liked his comment, wrote a "ty (:" and replied to the others too. when she refreshed her home page, donghyuck had posted two pictures. one of him, jeno and chenle on a couch and one of him playing basketball. the place looked like their hangout spot they'd all go to after school given the layout but a lot had changed in the time she hadn't been there. new posters on the walls and even a new couch by the looks of it.

she double-tapped the picture then carried on scrolling until she went to take a shower.

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

"what do you say about coming with me and the guys to lotte world this weekend?" jaemin suggested to her as they did their exercises.

"lotte world?" hyerin considered his proposal.

he nodded. "lotte world with you, me, jeno, renjun, mark, chenle and jisung – no donghyuck."

she hummed. "i can only go after three on saturday... i have to do something before."

"do you want me to drive you there?"

"no, no, no. i'll get there myself as quick as i can after i finish my commitment," she explained.

"okay."

"all right, guys! come on in."

after school, she quickly scurried off to skating practice after being picked up by mr ha. the song chosen was elastic heart by sia because he felt like it was an impactful song and hyerin could show her  abilities through it with jumps and twirls. they already had the very start of the song sorted and it was also time she worked on choosing an outfit.

"i was thinking you should have a red dress. i'll get it sorted for you, i know a place but i'll take you there and you can pick whatever you want just as long as it's red," he explained at the end of the training session.

hyerin appeared confused as to why he was so adamant on the red colour. "why red?"

"red shows confidence, power and danger. it's a royal colour, too, it makes people look expensive and it's generally a colour that fits everyone. since you've been gone from the rink for a long time i think a comeback that exudes power would be a nice way to return, no?"