27

༊*·˚ fools

"donghyuck and gina are back together," myunghee announced at lunch the following day.

"how do you know?" hyerin asked.

she shrugged. "i heard some things," she mumbled.

hyerin looked at the guys' table to see gina and donghyuck sat side by side at the table. they spoke to each other while the other guys spoke amongst themselves laughing and joking.

"you guys want to make a bet?" hyuck suggested with a playful glimmer in his eyes.

"what?"

"if i can beat rin at air hockey then you all are to give me each five thousand won," he spoke, pridefully.

"and if rin wins?"

hyuck turned to her and the corner of his lip upturned into a smile. "she won't." and that earned a punch from her.

"earth to hyerin?" myunghee spoke, snapping her fingers in front of her friend's face.

"oh, sorry," she muttered. "i was thinking of something."

"more like someone..." dongmin scoffed.

"are you okay?"

hyerin nodded, eating the rest of her food. "perfectly fine."

the more she looked at gina the more she could understand what myunghee meant when she said gina looked exactly like her. hyerin could never understand why donghyuck was with a girl that resembled the girl he was once friends with but it's not like it was any of her business anyways.

"hey! sorry i'm late." kiya occupied the seat next to her but it was only for a short five seconds before myunghee and her went to the queue to grab a drink and left dongmin staring at both of them.

he had a look on his face that suggested disappointment or sadness, something of the sort, and it was only when hyerin spun on her chair to look at the two girls behind her that she understood.

"which one is it?" she grinned.

dongmin gave her a confused look. "what do you mean?"

"which one do you have a crush on?"

"that's the thing..."

hyerin looked up at him.

"i think it might be both."

she arched a brow. "you think?"

"it's complicated. i don't know how i feel about them," he explained.

she didn't know how to respond; she'd never been in that situation before but dongmin seemed like he had it under control so she left the conversation at that and carried on eating.

later in geography, the teacher reminded them they only had a week left to get everything done since the trip was one week away. something hyerin didn't know if she should look forward to or not.

towards the end of the class, they were given the chance to work on their projects if they needed to with their partners so hyerin went to sit with donghyuck in order to have his opinion on some of the work, too.