11

༊*·˚ fools

"you don't look too happy."

hyerin snapped out of the daze she was in to look at her uncle.

"i'm fine," she assured with a smile. "sorry, i was just thinking."

"you do that too much."

she looked back at him with a funny look. "thinking?"

"yeah. do less of it."

now she was finding this funny.

"did you drink at the office or...?"

he put his cutlery down. "you know, you hurt yourself too much and the reason you do that is because you think. you overthink. you think too much about the little things you shouldn't that are insignificant and then you end up hurt by your own thoughts. how messed up is that?"

she snickered. "i agree it's not fun. but i can't necessarily stop them..."

"do you want to talk about it?"

she shook her head.

"you know if y-"

"if i need you to call you. i know."

he smiled. "good. now eat up."

she ate then headed to her room as she fell asleep watching some series on her laptop.

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

"bro, shut up, nobody wants to hear about how you can fit twenty-foue mini eggs in your mouth," myunghee snapped at dongmin.

"and nobody wants to hear about how much you love and worship itzy, especially chaeryeong, but you don't shut up about her," he fired back.

"how do you you know i always talk about chaeryeong if you aren't interested?" myunghee raised a curious brow.

"then how do you know i can fit twenty four eggs in my mouth?" he teased in the same tone.

"if you don't shut up we're going to see how many mini eggs can be shoved up your ass."

hyerin did the worst mistake and accidentally laughed at that which made their heads turn.

"do you think this is funny?!"

"i do," she spoke, truthfully. "you guys are like tom and jerry but at the same time you're perfect for each other."

"ok, that's gross. just shut up before i start puking up my homemade sushi," myunghee said and waved a hand out before leaning back on the grass field. "so, i'm actually getting along with my partner from the geography project. she's starting to talk a little more and we have similar interests, somewhat."

"yeah, i'm getting along with mine, too. she's into sports so we mostly discuss that," dongmin added.

myunghee turned her head to look at hyerin who couldn't say the same about her partner and frowned.

"couldn't you change your partner? there should still be a decent amount of time before the project finishes since you haven't even done a lot," she pointed out.