17

༊*·˚ fools

the day of the party came and hyerin dressed casually; baby pink tie front top with bell sleeves and some jeans. the eye glitter, eyeliner and lip gloss really put the look together.

just before she left, she shot jaemin a message.

can you send renjun's address?

he responded a second later.

jaemin's replies were always very quick.

i'll pick you up
i'm close by

well, she wouldn't refuse a ride if he gave her one. it would save her money and time. although, she was looking forward to the long bus ride so she could think of all the possible things that could go wrong and solutions to those but that plan had to be put on hold.

"hey- oh you look nice. aiming to impress anyone?"

she spun around to be met with her uncle who looked to be dressed for an occasion.

"no, but i don't think that applies to you. where are you going?"

"out with my friends tonight for a couple of drinks."

so, in other words, he wasn't sleeping home tonight.

"i still want you to give me updates on whether you're ok or not, ok?"

she nodded. "it's not the first time i go our to a party." she laughed a little. "jaemin's picking me up."

"jaemin?" he reached for his shoes under the rack. "i haven't seen him in a long while. last time i saw him he still sounded like a kid."

"not now. he's changed a lot since you last saw him."

speaking of, there was a knock at the door two seconds later and from the blurred glass she could still tell it was jaemin so she opened the door up. he was dressed in a white t-shirt and grey sweatpants.

"good evening, mr-"

"jaehyung," her uncle corrected with a smile. "call me jaehyung, jaemin, it's been some time but you can still address me the same."

he nodded then looked down at the girl by the door. "you ready?"

"yeah," she leaned off the side of the door. "see you tomorrow, take care of yourself."

renjun was in the passenger's seat of the car and gave her a smile when she approached.

"hey."

"hey." she closed the door. "aren't you supposed to be hosting your party?"

"i went to pick up some stuff and left jeno in charge," he explained.

jaemin drove down the road and renjun turned up the music with his window rolled down letting the breeze run through his hair and consequently hyerin's since she was right behind him.

just as she was shooting a message to the group chat she had with myunghee and dongmin, a familiar song came on.

"it's been so long since i've last heard this," renjun mumbled and turned the volume up.