29

༊*·˚ fools

on the rare occasion hyerin got the chance, she went to visit dongyoung at his cafe later in the day. she was still sulky about her work having gone to waste and since mark was there, he noticed her walk in looking discontent so he went to sit with her. mark had this power where he could make anyone smile just by smiling himself because it was so contagious.

"what's up?" he grinned. "what's been going on?"

"someone decided to pour a drink all over some of my school books so now i'm gonna have to figure out a way to salvage these so i have notes for the exams that are coming up," she mumbled lowly.

mark furrowed his brows. "do you know who did it?"

hyerin shook her head. "no."

"that's not fair. i'd help you out with notes from last year but i don't know where mine are..." he scratched the back of his head.

she offered him a polite smile. "it's all right. i'll figure something out."

"one chocolate croissant and cafè au latte and a chamomile tea!"

mark handed dongyoung a single bill just as hyerin was getting her purse to pay for her load.

"i was gonna pay..."

he softly blew on his tea. "too slow."

she slid the money across to his half of the table instead but he just slid it right back.

"it was a coffee and a croissant, it's no big deal, rin." his smile reached his eyes. "are you doing anything after this?"

"no, why?"

"do you want to go on a walk?"

for someone who didn't like walking long distances, she agreed. mark was good company.

after their drinks, he escorted her out and they went for a walk around seoul. it got her mind off of things for the hour or two they were together which she was grateful for.

however, on the walk home she got a nasty surprise when she heard that voice. the one that belonged to kang junmin. she could locate it anywhere. whenever he spoke, she would hear him louder than anyone else inside her mind. it drove her crazy sometimes.

but, she didn't want to stress herself out unnecessarily so she followed the voice behind her to see if it was really him.

and it was.

he'd walked along the pavement behind her laughing with his friends.

hyerin bolted to the nearest bathroom and locked herself in a stall until she was calm enough to enter the train.

by the time she got home her uncle wasn't there so he was most likely doing a late night and after showering hyerin made herself dinner and watched some youtube videos on her laptop to accompany her until her uncle came home.

"that smells nice." he smiled, unbuttoning his suit jacket.

she pointed behind her after pausing the video. "some for you."